45' Young Brothers 1998

wyatt

Lieutenant
45' Young Brothers currently in Wanchese, NC. Boat was built for fishing the Outer Banks. Mack powered with about 950 hours. Boat's clean and well maintained. Been in the yard since hurricane season.

One photo included in this post, but the link below will take you to the page with full listing, photos and description.

1998 Young Brothers fisherman Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Per my note on the Wilbur, open to comments that I can pass along to owners of these boats.

youngbro.jpg

Keels Rock

Lieutenant
Nice boat nice,asking price but a tough sell with that motor due to getting it fixed and parts availability. Just an opinion

wyatt

Lieutenant
Performance

Cruise 19-22 knots. WOT 29-30 knt. 45 mile run, 6 hours trolling, 45 mile run home is 95-105 gallons per trip.

wyatt

Lieutenant
Still here....

The boat is in the water in wanchese and very very much looking for an offer. Overall a great boat, low hours, huge cockpit and salon.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
It's a shame those Macks never caught on, but the two I saw in boats down here (not the one in the Sea Breeze) made a lot of soot and that did not help. Didn't I see a thread on here where there were less than 15 Marine E9's produced or sold? I think at least three were in 45' YB's. Still it is a lot of value in a lightly used boat.

wyatt

Lieutenant
Mack

Several of the e6's in the area that have a loyal following.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Yes, but even the E6's are hard to get parts for. Try getting an exhaust manifold. That was my point. Not trying to rain on your parade. Sea Breeze is a nice boat. And quite economical for her size.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Put it into the pricing like we did. I owned a boat with a E9 in it, sadly we had to replace her with a Cat 3406E. We had MACK from NH come down to service it before purchasing. The story was that there were 12 or 13 converted to marine engines. At that time in 2002 there were still 2 on the shelf ready for sale but no one wanted them at the price and availability. I believed we bought the last, off the shelf, exhaust manifold for them at the time. I know the E7's? had a cult following... The thing I did not like about the engine was the two turbo, two exhaust manifold etc, why not just own twins.

Again just put it into the pricing a little bit, boat looks really nice and can't beat the layout. I thought we had a dance floor that is something else!

Last edited:

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
2002? Was that the 40' H&H- Qualifier?

Northern bay

Lieutenant Commander
Had a pair of E-7's Macks marinized by Daytona. They were great engines with a lot of power all mechanical. Super easy to work on except for the fact that when you had a problem you basically needed a custom part fabricated. Replaced them with roughly 2000 hours on them and they were still running strong.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Petrel, yes that was the Qualifer which we bought from a guy who bought it from Fin. Incredible boat.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
That makes sense now. I remembered her leaving here in 2001.

wyatt

Lieutenant
make him an offer

Base the offer on your engine concerns. This boat is a lot of glass for the money it is going to sell for in the near future. I hear you all on the engine concerns. Basically, the owner is ready to move it and so if anybody interested make an offer and price in your parts/engine concerns. Call me at 252-339-1361 with questions.

wyatt

Lieutenant
How about that Parker?!

The ocean sounds familiar from other conversations....how about that parker?

wyatt

Lieutenant
Price change.....

$169,000. A ton of boat here and more economical than most.....

wyatt

Lieutenant
Fuel prices......

Wanchese to point, troll all day and come back...consistently 95-105 gallons. Not many this size, this much room and this much boat can say that. El Mar, your Parker would probably burn close to the same on this trip.

Make this guy an offer, you can't hurt anybody's feelings. Wyatt 252-339-1361.

Top Bottom