47 hh

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Is it me or does the keel end in the middle of the boat?

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

reelsportfishing

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.ReeltoReelSportfishing.com
Boat Make
1999 40' Young Brothers
It's a shame that the goverment requires that you need to put a new engine in YOUR BOAT. Alot of us could probably scrape up enough pennies to buy this project but the engine requirement just blows it out of the ball park. Total bullshit. If you bought an engine thats rebuildable you should be able to put it in any boat you want until it's no longer usable. THIS IS AMERICA. Supposed to be for the people. It's like saying if your building a new house you can't put a used boiler in it. Why not? It's YOUR house.

Last edited:

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
It may be set up for twins so they ended he keel early.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
You can use a used motor but it has to be tier two compliant as I understand it.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
I'll do you one better in regards to the tier 2 compliant engine going into a new hull. Cummins makes reman tier 2 compliant engines and they WILL sell them to you to use in a new hull build but they WILL NOT sign off on the warranty for the engine! Whose going to spend all that dough for a reman with a 2000 hour warranty when cummins won't honor it, nobody. I have been through this already this year, trust me it ain't happening, unless you know someone,wink,wink.

Tunascapes

Commander
What is the definition of a new hull? Is a hull that has sat for a few years and needs to be finished off still considered new?

Eslang

Commander
Boat Make
43 Flowers
I'll do you one better in regards to the tier 2 compliant engine going into a new hull. Cummins makes reman tier 2 compliant engines and they WILL sell them to you to use in a new hull build but they WILL NOT sign off on the warranty for the engine! Whose going to spend all that dough for a reman with a 2000 hour warranty when cummins won't honor it, nobody. I have been through this already this year, trust me it ain't happening, unless you know someone,wink,wink.
Such BS too. Exact same engine just not " certified " tier II. It's all about $$$$$$. If you want a warranty, it costs you an extra 20k

Top Bottom