9/11

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I got to visit the WTC memorial last year and I think anyone that can should visit. Quietest place I've ever visited in the world. I brought my 4 year old daughter for a 3 day city visit and wanted to see it. I've never seen my daughter be quiet for the hour or so we were there and that wasnt even being coached. There is just a feeling in the air that really makes you think. I was doing fine until I started reading the names and saw that some of the woman were pregnant. I can't imagine being a husband losing a wife and baby.

Hooper

Captain
A day nobody will forget if they were alive. I listened to the events unfold on the radio as I was working a detail that day, had a little AM receiver in my pocket with an earpiece (no iPods yet!). Staggered me hearing the description of what was going on, had to rush home and see it with my eyes and it was far worse than I could have imagined. Then learned one of the teachers at the high school lost her husband on American Air flight 11, the first into the WTC. Still hard to believe it has been 12 years, all the change that day brought to our lives...

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Never Forget Never Forgive
I always remember seeing those towers from the mudhole when we were hauling gear on the clear days during the fall.

ianbw

Lieutenant
Website
www.northforkoysters.com
Boat Make
Sisu 26
I know I will not forget.

I was just a few blocks away when the first tower collapsed. I remember my knees went out from under me as I watched. I saw things I've not figured out how to unsee.

That afternoon, my very pregnant wife and I were jumped by a small gang of hoodlums out in front of the projects. Guns. Knives. Crazy. No cops, so the city was a bit lawless for a while. I'll never forget wishing I could trade any one of those bastards for someone from the tower.

The next few weeks were surreal to say the least. Trips down to the site with supplies, acrid smoke, National Guard checking ID's to get home after work. Nearly every man in our local firehouse gone.

I'll never forget for sure.

I have tried however to fill the days since with as much life as I can cram in.

May you and your families be safe and happy.

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
I saw it live as well. We were anchored in Bayridge channel about 2 miles away. You knew the world was never going to be the same.

Regina E

Commander
Website
www.reginaesportfishing.com
Boat Make
35 Duffy #300
I had to run for my life as the second building came down after that it was non stop alerts for the millennium hotel was coming down. A month on the pile then off to anthrax letters for 2 months.

Shame on anyone who decries this nation avenging its dead.

Top Bottom