A few shrimping pictures

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
A friend of mine emailed me a few pics of the shrimp they have been catching with the traps i build. They haven't been bringing many home they just go to the beach start a fire and eat most right on the spot !!
Bob shrimp 1.jpg

Bob shrimp 2.jpg

Bob shrimp 3.jpg

Bob shrimp 1.jpg

Bob shrimp 2.jpg

Bob shrimp 3.jpg

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Kool !!, that's the way to do it. Nice to see them with no eggs, when do they spawn up there ?

They spawn during the late fall/winter but from about august on we see more and more eggers. The dumb shits at fish and game don't think catching them with eggs will do anything to kill the fishery:rolleyes:. The season runs from april 15 to sept 15, rec fisherman can have 5 pots per boat and no limit on the amount of bugs they can catch. I personally think it will all be over in 10 years or less if they don't do something. 3000 rec permits were issued last year.

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
I don't see a bait bag. Do they just go in there?

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I don't see a bait bag. Do they just go in there?

Bait cage in center of pot that holds a plastic jar w/holes drilled in it with bait inside of it. I use/sell a commercial shrimp bait that look like super oily dog food pellets. I call it shrimp crack it works so good:D.

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
Saw that but wasn't sure what it was. Thanks for the explanation. Those shrimp look tasty!

Used to have a rec lobster permit in CT but the fishing has gotten so bad I gave it up.

Top Bottom