A frame davit wanted

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
I just built myself a very nice stainless A-Frame davit early this season, It looks great. By far it is the nicest designed and nicest looking A-frame at my dock. If you are interested in one, I could take some pics of mine, If you like what you see, I could come up with a price to build one custom fit for your boat. Let me know.

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
I just built myself a very nice stainless A-Frame davit early this season, It looks great. By far it is the nicest designed and nicest looking A-frame at my dock. If you are interested in one, I could take some pics of mine, If you like what you see, I could come up with a price to build one custom fit for your boat. Let me know.

Did you have a design for the davit or create it yourself? I'd like to make one.

Kenmurgo

Ensign
Send me some pictures and a price to have a similar built for my boat. Send me the height measurement. It's going on a John Williams Stanley 36.

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
I created mine myself. I did all the angles and dimensions so that it follows the lines of my wheel house. The only regret I have for mine is that I bought some used stock and the guy told me that it was 316L, but it turned out to be 304L. So the davit has slight rust. If I were to build one for someone else I would make sure to use brand new 316L stock. Other than that, it really did come out very nice. If my hauler could pull hard enough, I could flip my bout over with this thing and it wouldnt even bend the davit slightly. I will try to get you guys some pics today.

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
I created mine myself. I did all the angles and dimensions so that it follows the lines of my wheel house. The only regret I have for mine is that I bought some used stock and the guy told me that it was 316L, but it turned out to be 304L. So the davit has slight rust. If I were to build one for someone else I would make sure to use brand new 316L stock. Other than that, it really did come out very nice. If my hauler could pull hard enough, I could flip my bout over with this thing and it wouldnt even bend the davit slightly. I will try to get you guys some pics today.

If you can do with out for a few days take it off and have it electro-polished. That will stop the rust staining. There's a place in fall river, new england electro polish

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
Davit

Hey, Havnt had the chance to snap a pic of my davit. I just got hauled out the other day so Ive been kinda busy, but I will try to get a good picture this week. In the mean time, here are some pics of a custom hauler plate and fairlead arm that I just finished building for a friend of my mine and a not so good picture of my divit on my boat from a bad angle.

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
I have some pics of my davit that I took today while rigging my old engine out of the boat. If anyone is still interested in one, this will give you an idea of what I can do.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Top Bottom