A scene right out of caddy shack (LEO)

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

delucat2

Lieutenant
And he gets pissy with the skipper of the boat he wrecked.
What a clown.

FlyingConnie

Lieutenant Commander
Website
WWW.FlyingConnie.com
Boat Make
28' Crowley Beal
I'm in this business, as I run a diesel jet driven Fireboat. In many municipality: skills and seamanship just don't matter, only seniority and whose most friendly with the chief.
We try to provide the same services on LIS that we do on land. But lately many egos has interrupted our service. So the taxpayers who pay for our service and our salaries suffer, as that searay owner. I hope it wasn't occupied.

DBM

Commander
Lite User

Duke

Commander
Lite User
Boat Make
Dyer 29

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
Just a yahoo that could have killed someone. If this hadn't ended up on a camera he probably would have tried to blame the other guy. Last year a sail boat capsized in the inlet by me in the surf. I pulled up and was getting ready to throw a ring to the two guys from the sail boat 10 feet from me. Out of nowhere the local police come flying up in there water powered jet boat, into the foaming surf, with a water jet. They threw rings to the guys, got them on board only to find out what happens when a jet boat tries to move "in the suds". Figured I'd be pulling them out next, they got lucky and finally drifted into clean water, but they could have easily drifted into the surf and capsized. It pays to know the limitations of your boat, which he clearly did not know.

Pedlyr

Captain
Real crime here is no personal liability. Only the city will get sued so the taxpayers pay.

If a licensed Captain was driving as required in the commercial sector, he would already have his license suspended. If not lost. And he(she) and their employer would be on the financial hook.

Most cops on the water are not required to be licensed. So therefore no liability.

Red Sprague

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Wellcraft V20
I'm in this business, as I run a diesel jet driven Fireboat. In many municipality: skills and seamanship just don't matter, only seniority and whose most friendly with the chief.
We try to provide the same services on LIS that we do on land. But lately many egos has interrupted our service. So the taxpayers who pay for our service and our salaries suffer, as that searay owner. I hope it wasn't occupied.

Off topic but how do you like operating the jet drive?

Was the Fireboat made in the Northeast? Aluminum?

Thanks

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
That is the most reckless driving I've ever seen on the water. What's shocking is there is a dock that he almost hit as well- what was he thinking making a maneuver like that so close to other boats and a dock? Was he checked for alcohol or drugs immediately after the accident??? An idiot like that should be taken off the water- anyone of us would have lost our jobs. But he's safe from losing his job because the union will back him.

Last edited:

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
" Serve & protect" :rolleyes:

This summer the Alaska state troopers were in the river going from boat to boat checking our boat registrations, ID, and fishing licenses (which is odd because the fleet was tied up in the river not fishing). It was our day off and we were on the boat cleaning it up. So the trooper guy drives his $40,000+ speed boat up to my boat, and is seconds away from boarding me, and there is a yell out for help. A 15' skiff is sinking against a dock literally 150' from us. I point to the sinking vessel and tell the trooper there is a boat sinking. He calmly responds, "One thing at a time", and boards my boat. I couldn't believe it! He spends about 2-3 minutes on my boat checking us out, documents his little visit, and then proceeds to make the 150' run over to the skiff that has now rolled over upside down and is pinned against the dock (the current was running about 4 knots against the dock). Fortunately, the 2 guys and 1 lady in the sinking skiff were helped out and their lives were likely saved by some dock workers who responded to their distress immediately. I don't know who is more stupid and incompetent, the DC police crashing his boat or the trooper who doesn't respond immediately to a sinking boat. What is the world coming to?

Toolate

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
If he hit my boat like that I'd probably be arrested for assault.
Ye ain't gonna hit my piece of junk and walk off scot-free.

Top Bottom