A Scope mode on fishfinder ??

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Anybody use the A scope mode for finding fish ?? Back in the old days when i was gillnetting in NJ the only machine to have was the old Elac fish scopes i think the last one i had was the LAZ 56 model, great machines we could see the bluefish, weakfish and stripers right in the thickest bait schools, could see the fish hanging in the net and even tell the size of the fish by the size of the "burn" on the screen. I've tried the A scope mode on my machine here but salmon have a small air bladder and don't show up well on machines.

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
Ya I always use A scope. Spit screen with A scope on both freqs. It tells you if the mark is in the cone. I'm sure you know that but I do like it and I feel it gives me a better idea of what's happening under the boat.

kapnd

Lieutenant Commander
Ya I always use A scope. Spit screen with A scope on both freqs. It tells you if the mark is in the cone. I'm sure you know that but I do like it and I feel it gives me a better idea of what's happening under the boat.

I too always run A scope in a narrow window on the right side of the screen. it shows whats under the boat in real time.
Kinda like the old flasher, but with memory!

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Always use the a scope too. Have an elac but waiting for that bigger boat to install. Makes such a huge difference seeing those fish differences.

The grey rectangular box with the B&W screen ??? or the real old square box with the green screen ?

Top Bottom