? about provincial sheer line

dave fuller

Lieutenant
Looked at a 10 year old Provincial 42. The sheer line of boats work deck is pretty low. Just past my knees. Don't want to wait tell Monday to actually call Provincial but hoping somebody here can answer. If had a new 42 built would they raise sheer line in back work area a foot to 18". Sometimes us fat guys get top heavy when tired in heavy seas.

manni-yunk

Commander
Looked at a 10 year old Provincial 42. The sheer line of boats work deck is pretty low. Just past my knees. Don't want to wait tell Monday to actually call Provincial but hoping somebody here can answer. If had a new 42 built would they raise sheer line in back work area a foot to 18". Sometimes us fat guys get top heavy when tired in heavy seas.

I think the answer is yes, depending on your engine choice. They raise and lower the work deck height depending on engine choice, and also the raise and lower the overall height of the hull. On my quote it was documented.

Im not sure they are building the 42 any more - I think the new ones are all now their 45.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom