Absolutely Exhausted

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Post a pic of that weld you made- cant remember what it was on (maybe a hauler?) but a pic is worth a thousand words. It was beautiful.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
I need a plate mounted fairlead roller. I will take a picture of what I did to get through the winter, but I need something stronger with a grease fitting. Unless you have a maintenance free roller that is!

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Ya- my man can weld....the kind of thing you dont grind out so people can marvel at it.

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
if you get one of the ones with the oil sealed bearings, you will not need to do anything to it for a long time. No grease no nothing. Just haul gear. The roller is stainless steel with roller bearings inside and an oil seal on either side. Usually they will last as long as the seal will last. Send me a PM. I would be glad to help you out.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Your truely a artist with that welding !! They are talking about building a natural gas pipiline here if that goes off guys with talent like you have will be high demand, the pay scale will be through the roof, come up and make yourself a pile of money !!

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

GLA

Commander
welds look great,

do you think you should put a support somewhere on that pipe to take some weight off of that turbo housing? looks like a lot of weight hanging on that fitting
in some rough weather it may break something.

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
Funny you would say that steve. I am actually a union pipe fitter so that job is my work. I have heard a lot about that pipe line. It would not be impossible for me to get there. But I have three young kids and a wife so I dont want to leave unless I have too. There is currently a job for me a the nuclear power plant about 70 miles from my house and I am already in good with this company and have taken all my weld tests and have my government clearance.. Its gonna be about 1 year of work. Four days a week 10 hours a day, so that leaves me plenty of time for fishing......... Cant beat that.

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
Its no where near as heavy as it looks. I built it with schedule 10 pipe so its actually pretty light. once it is done I am going to put some support under the exhaust hose so that will provide some flexible support to the pipe. It shouldnt be a problem. The whole assembly doesnt even weigh 15 LBS

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Funny you would say that steve. I am actually a union pipe fitter so that job is my work. I have heard a lot about that pipe line. It would not be impossible for me to get there. But I have three young kids and a wife so I dont want to leave unless I have too. There is currently a job for me a the nuclear power plant about 70 miles from my house and I am already in good with this company and have taken all my weld tests and have my government clearance.. Its gonna be about 1 year of work. Four days a week 10 hours a day, so that leaves me plenty of time for fishing......... Cant beat that.

Lots of guys that work on the "slope" oil fields up north are on a 2on 2off schedule and just fly home to texas, oklahoma, new york, maine etc because they make enough money to cover the flights and the outfit they work for pays their airfare to anchorage or fairbanks. OR just pack up the family and bring them with you and rent a place. If that pipeline goes off its going to be big money to be made !!!

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
I'm gonna hire you to do mine when the time comes. that's beautiful

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
welds look great,

do you think you should put a support somewhere on that pipe to take some weight off of that turbo housing? looks like a lot of weight hanging on that fitting
in some rough weather it may break something.

Second that; a strut to one of the manifold bolts. Red hot vibrating metal does funny things.

chrisp

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
23 SeaCraft
I am a local 537 member,but spent 20+ years working with your brothers.
I also spent some long days at Millstone many years ago.

Top Bottom