Advise From Boat Owners

derekparlove

Ensign
I just moved near the ocean, I do not own a boat, and do not yet know anyone with a boat. I drive by the water everyday and am trying to figure out a way to get out there. Here is what I have come up with, I was hoping some boat owners could give me some feedback?

I am looking for a day on the water, on your boat. Let me know the next time you are planning a boating trip. I will provide all the food & beverages for the day, and we split the cost of fuel. Is this appealing to anyone? What would make it more appealing? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Derek- think you might be better served if you chartered a boat from a local marina for the day or took a head boat fishing for a day to get the feel for it (see if you are the seasick type etc.). Less personal than what you are asking and there would be a boat full of people to talk to about the whole thing.

Where are you located anyway? I am sure there is someone here who could recommend a fishing charter boat of some sort for you. Also, there are lots of companies that have day or afternoon cruises. On LI sound there is Sound Waters- google them- they have a sail boat that cruises weekly with passengers.

PenBayCruiser

Lieutenant
Boat Make
1987 Shannon 32 Brendan
Dip your toes in

I agree with Toolate, go out on a charter boat. Maybe even just a hour or two excursion boat ride. See if being out on the water agrees with you & your family. Here in Maine there's many options, for instance the mail boat to Monhegan Island.

From that expereince or couple, you find you just got to be out there. Then look into taking boater safety, navigational & handling courses. The ocean is beautiful but unforgiving.

If you're near mid coast Maine you're welcome to join us. We're always happy to introduce/share our boating experience.

derekparlove

Ensign
Derek- think you might be better served if you chartered a boat from a local marina for the day or took a head boat fishing for a day to get the feel for it (see if you are the seasick type etc.). Less personal than what you are asking and there would be a boat full of people to talk to about the whole thing.

Where are you located anyway? I am sure there is someone here who could recommend a fishing charter boat of some sort for you. Also, there are lots of companies that have day or afternoon cruises. On LI sound there is Sound Waters- google them- they have a sail boat that cruises weekly with passengers.
I am in Swansboro, NC. Thank you for the info.

mcangelo41

Commander
go on the hulltruth.com and message
allureobx

Keith is a great guy...He hooked me up down there when I was on vacation...He knows a ton of people and can take you out on his boat or split charter offshore...I think I paid half of what I should of for full day offshore!

Top Bottom