Advise From Boat Owners

derekparlove

Ensign
I just moved near the ocean, I do not own a boat, and do not yet know anyone with a boat. I drive by the water everyday and am trying to figure out a way to get out there. Here is what I have come up with, I was hoping some boat owners could give me some feedback?

I am looking for a day on the water, on your boat. Let me know the next time you are planning a boating trip. I will provide all the food & beverages for the day, and we split the cost of fuel. Is this appealing to anyone? What would make it more appealing? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

derekparlove

Ensign
I live near the Crystal Coast in NC. To be a little more clear as to what I was looking for with this post - I was not hoping to find a boat owner on this forum (would be cool if I did), but I was looking for suggestions on what would be appealing to a boat owner if I were to approach him with this offer. What is the average cost for a charter? I was hoping my proposal would not cost me as much as a charter. Also, it would be a little more peacful with out the crowd. Your thoughts please.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Derek,

If you do a few google searches on "boat charters" within driving distance to you....you'll find plenty. Many guys offer "open charters" meaning you can book solo. (most charters are for 6 people so you'l have company)

There are all types of fishing carters, lobster charters, evening cruise charters.

Figure $200-$250 +- for a full day solo.

Keep us posted.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
I would find out where the nearest workingman's boat club. Not a yachty club where they "drink martinis and wear spotless Sperry topsiders" but a real friggin' boat club. There's gotta be a few of those left.

derekparlove

Ensign
Derek,

If you do a few google searches on "boat charters" within driving distance to you....you'll find plenty. Many guys offer "open charters" meaning you can book solo. (most charters are for 6 people so you'l have company)

There are all types of fishing carters, lobster charters, evening cruise charters.

Figure $200-$250 +- for a full day solo.

Keep us posted.
What would I expect to pay for a day on the water if I went out with someone and paid for half the fuel?

Leprechaun

Commander
Boat Make
26' Fortier
Looking for people's thoughts ?? ...... WTF it costs a lot of money to run a boat either for pleasure or commercial ... stop at your local marina's .. look around and plan on paying more than a sandwich, couple of beers and a little fuel.

(sorry but something sounds a little 'fishy')

MarkP

Ensign
Yes I am new here but I visit a lot of boards, Derek what is your goal? You say be on water. Why? Some people like to fish, ski, whatever. You just say be on water. Buy a yak and float in a pool if being on water is what you want.

Chum Pot

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Parker
"I am looking for a day on the water, on your boat. Let me know the next time you are planning a boating trip. I will provide all the food & beverages for the day, and we split the cost of fuel. Is this appealing to anyone? What would make it more appealing? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you."

OH !!! I have seen stuff like this on Craig List :roll eyes:

Sorry, I don't troll my line in them type of waters :lol:

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
"I am looking for a day on the water, on your boat. Let me know the next time you are planning a boating trip. I will provide all the food & beverages for the day, and we split the cost of fuel. Is this appealing to anyone? What would make it more appealing? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you."

OH !!! I have seen stuff like this on Craig List :roll eyes:

Sorry, I don't troll my line in them type of waters :lol:
If she was asking for the ride!

image.jpg

Top Bottom