Affordable Marine Co.- source for engines- opinions

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Buy Marine Engine Online - New Base Boat Motor

Anyone have any experience with them? They are in CT as far as I can tell and have a huge selection of engines. Prices look good but hoping that is not indicative of low quality.

They list some odd stuff too- Cummins Mercruiser diesels? Used gas engines that they say have less than 30 hours on them (suspicious to me).

Anyone?

RyanCT

Lieutenant Commander
No experience on the quality of their products. However, i did receive a quote from them last summer. I ended up getting a better price on the engine from 1800runsnew out of Holliston MA who I ended up buying from. I wanted to buy from someone relatively local just in case of any issues but luckily there weren't any.

I pulled my engine on a saturday and ordered the engine on Monday which was delivered Tuesday with no surprises. Swapped over the components and reinstalled that next weekend. So far have had two summers of trouble free operation.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Prices are good there but what the hell does factory reconditioned mean? Need to talk to them and sort it out. Whats new and what isnt.

Really what I want is a local(ish) engine builder who has run my engine prior to me busting my ass to put it in.

Cant find anyone local really (in Fairfield County, CT) that isnt 3x the price.

Top Bottom