All Around White Light for 1-1/16" OD Pipe

PatrickPresti

Rear Admiral
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any recommendations for an all around white navigation light fixture that will fit over and 1-1/16" OD pipe?

Thanks,

Pat

Kailua Kid

Commander
Website
www.gibbonslawgroup.com
Boat Make
General Marine 26; Klamath 19; Sparkman & Stephens Yankee 38 sloop
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any recommendations for an all around white navigation light fixture that will fit over and 1-1/16" OD pipe?

Thanks,

Pat
Humm. No responses yet. Might be the same issue I had. If I understand the question, what I ended up doing to solve that or a similar problem was to measure the O.D. of the pipe with a slide-rule hardware-store “micrometer” and then go to Fisheries Supply in Seattle and walk the isles with that value and tool until I found a white all-around LED light on a short aluminum stand of the correct diameter. I can’t remember which brand it was (edit: Seadog brand), but I was able to drill out the two rivets that held the short pipe to the base, then slide the pipe into the “mast” extrusion on the boat. I pinned it in place with a set screw and then wrapped the joint with a few wraps of the self bonding “emergency” tape to seal out any rain or spray. The LED has worked well for two years now.

Last edited:

Sea Ox

Lieutenant
First Name
Chris
Boat Make
36 NB 18 Sea Ox
I’ll take a stab at it. The 1 1/16” diameter is actually 3/4” pipe size diameter and most lights are probably made for tubing size, which would be 7/8 or1 “. Have a machinist make an adapter. If you can’t find what your looking for...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom