Alternative to hydraulic power pack

Prdlobster

Commander
Has anyone had any experience with a hydraulic pump that runs off the top of an outboard? I haven't seen one in a while. Looking for alternatives to a small honda power pack to save room, eliminate some noise and maintenance.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Has anyone had any experience with a hydraulic pump that runs off the top of an outboard? I haven't seen one in a while. Looking for alternatives to a small honda power pack to save room, eliminate some noise and maintenance.

I looked into them years ago when i was towing dredges for starfish, i think a outfit called stitson & pinkham in maine made & sold them, i drove up there and after talking with them desided against one because it seemed like a real nightmare to get it all lined up correctly on top of the flywheel of the outboard. Looking at it now maybe a power steering pump from a junk yard might work ?? Guess a Electra Dyne hauler isn't powerful enough ?? They can build one with a 60:1 gear box if that would help.

reelyankee

Lieutenant
I dont see or hear about them anymore. I had one on a 115 mercury on a 22 foot Sisu in the late seventies, mine worked fine. It was called a seapower pack i believe.

Prdlobster

Commander
Thanks Steve I found a decent set up from deepdropcommercial.com but they are located in New Zealand or Australia I think. I was thinking it could run a hobby hauler or picolo hauler for gill nets from Rapp Marine.

oldshell55

Captain
Boat Make
BHM36 , 38’ young bros ,
I looked into them years ago when i was towing dredges for starfish, i think a outfit called stitson & pinkham in maine made & sold them, i drove up there and after talking with them desided against one because it seemed like a real nightmare to get it all lined up correctly on top of the flywheel of the outboard. Looking at it now maybe a power steering pump from a junk yard might work ?? Guess a Electra Dyne hauler isn't powerful enough ?? They can build one with a 60:1 gear box if that would help.

first I've heard of that gear ratio offered by electedyne, they don't advertise it

although you can buy the same gear from grainger in assorted ratios I have just discovered

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
first I've heard of that gear ratio offered by electedyne, they don't advertise it

although you can buy the same gear from grainger in assorted ratios I have just discovered

No they don't just the 20,30 &40:1 boxes. There's do not come from Graingers.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Thanks Steve I found a decent set up from deepdropcommercial.com but they are located in New Zealand or Australia I think. I was thinking it could run a hobby hauler or picolo hauler for gill nets from Rapp Marine.

Those Rapp haulers are quite spendy !!

Top Bottom