aluminum welder, outboard, Gloucester MA area

wineyarders

Deckhand
Boat Make
'74 Midland
Looking for a welder recommendation Gloucester area that can patch an aluminum hole in a suzuki df115 outboard. Have a hole in the engine holder as a result of a steel plug that's part of the exhaust system leading to the corrosion. Want to also have the steel plug drilled out and patched with aluminum. Any suggestions appreciated.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

wineyarders

Deckhand
Boat Make
'74 Midland
El Mar yes not sure what the suzuki thought process was with the steel plug in an aluminum cast engine with internal exposure to wet exhaust . Have the temp patch on an hope it holds until the end of the season.

Thanks Tuna will look them up.

Tuna Hotline

Admiral
El Mar yes not sure what the suzuki thought process was with the steel plug in an aluminum cast engine with internal exposure to wet exhaust . Have the temp patch on an hope it holds until the end of the season.

Thanks Tuna will look them up.
J&L are top notch. Half the members here have their rod holders, including me.

dirwood

Deckhand
Boat Make
30ft South Shore, 220hp cummins
I fixed a Suzuki 115 with the exact issue, buffed the outside and found that a 1" drill bit cleaned up the corroded area perfectly. I inserted a small piece of 1" 6061 round bar and TIG welded around it. Welded up great and that motor is still running today. They had previously tried JB weld and it took longer to clean that crap off than it did to weld it properly.

Top Bottom