An all downeast boat forum affair

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
As you may have seen in the projects section, sealaw recently purchased my family's previous boat, a 26 Fortier we had owned since '95. Parting with a boat that had been such a big part of our family life for so many years was a tough pill to swallow at first, but we decided to upgrade a bit.

While searching online for the next 'Four Bells' I came across two Alan Johnson 28's. I had never heard of them before, and a quick google search led me to posts about them here. When I did some digging I saw that mfrench808 had owned one previously, so I sent him a PM just to pick his brain about his experience with the boat. He was kind enough to tell me all about the boat, mentioning that the current owner might even be interested in parting with it... a handshake deal and four months later and we now have the new Four Bells in the backyard!
image.jpg

Moral of the story- I'm a downeast boat forum believer: found our next battlewagon here and I get keep tabs on the Fortier's next chapter!

image.jpg

Last edited:

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Great looking boat hope you get meny great season out of hey she has lovely lines and keep poking around here there is lot to learn from a real good bunch of guys

Surfishingboy

Commander
Ive heard great things about those aj28s. Good luck with her, she's a beauty!

sealaw

Lieutenant Commander
That is a great looking boat - she looks bigger than 28' ! Maybe its the pilot house? Also has a pretty healthy freeboard - looks like a nice sea boat. I have a feeling you guys already have a lot of plans for custom touches...keep us posted!

Wishing you and your family the best of luck with the next Four Bells (does that mean I have to change the name of our boat?) :) ;)

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Congrats......Was this boat docked in Hog Channel in Island Park a few months ago?

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Wishing you and your family the best of luck with the next Four Bells (does that mean I have to change the name of our boat?) :) ;)

We had thought about going with a new name, but we literally are the four Bells so in the end we just couldn't find anything else better suited. That, and I think no matter what we called the boat, we'd still get hailed on the radio by the same name!

Definitely some layout ideas rolling around, I'll post anything significant.

Congrats......Was this boat docked in Hog Channel in Island Park a few months ago?

Yes it was. I actually stopped the car on Friday to look at your boat on our way over to pick it up... and here I thought the AJ felt high off the water at the helm!

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
We had thought about going with a new name, but we literally are the four Bells so in the end we just couldn't find anything else better suited. That, and I think no matter what we called the boat, we'd still get hailed on the radio by the same name!

Definitely some layout ideas rolling around, I'll post anything significant.

Yes it was. I actually stopped the car on Friday to look at your boat on our way over to pick it up... and here I thought the AJ felt high off the water at the helm!
You gotta keep Four Bells........and the boat next to me is the new Fishunter....Good luck again

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
when I see a nice picture of a DE that is a good pic, and differet builder, I think we should make it manditory for the picture owner to insert it into the Down Eeast picture thread. whaddya think? be nice to have them all together with just quick discription...no big thread.:mrgreen:

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
when I see a nice picture of a DE that is a good pic, and differet builder, I think we should make it manditory for the picture owner to insert it into the Down Eeast picture thread. whaddya think? be nice to have them all together with just quick discription...no big thread.:mrgreen:

This post was just as much about how the forum played into both the old and new boat, once I get a nice running shot I'll add it to the pics thread :D

Latest Posts

Top Bottom