Anchor, chain, rode storage

Brainey

Captain
First Name
Bill
Boat Make
43' Atkinson
Probably like most of you I haul around my anchor set up in a big plastic bin. I deploy and retrieve from the cockpit with a ring and ball. I hate giving up the deck space, guests trip over it and bump into it and when its in the way its a pain in the butt to move. My below deck storage space is limited. Anybody worked out a nice, clean, simple way to store all of this stuff where its out of the way but available when needed? Thanks as always.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
I dont have a hauler (windlass) but seems like a square box would be better on deck- one with a lid to sit on. At least it would fit in a corner better.. Could served at least two purposes. Make it with 2 steps so it fits just under the side deck and it could be a step up if you need one.

blackfin

Lieutenant
Reviving this thread because I have the same question as the original poster. On the 37 Duffy I'm rehabbing I removed the windlass. The cockpit has a sizable insulated fishbox but was wondering what other guys have done for anchor storage above deck in the cockpit. In the bonar box if you have one? A smaller box of some sort so the anchor and line are out of the way? Any ideas or input is appreciated. Thanks.

winterking

Rear Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Tom
Boat Make
26’ Duffy

ChrisXL64

Lieutenant Commander
A couple strips of star board on your fore deck; with bolts through; anchor chain and rode, in a fish tote with holes drilled; wing nutted to the studs.

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Most the boats i have fished have a hatch aft of rudder on ether side of the rudder aft of fuel tanks or for of them

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
i sell these rope totes to my shrimping customers. they hold aprox 1800ft of 5/16" rope. They fold up nice and flat when not needed for easy storage.
ED new rope tote1.jpg

ED new rope tote1.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom