Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
I got the same stuff from Hamilton and it looked like it was old, but the right gasket for the 16x24 hatch. Ronnie I believe the newer hatches come with the triangular gasket as mind did.
I went to the P/E website and it states that even thought the gasket has the sticky back they still glue it down. Not sure what glue they use, but I would like to know so when I put the gasket on it stays in place. I was thinking about using contact cement.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
My hatch has the triangular shaped gasket, looks like it was glued with contact cement. I believe it leaks.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Is there ANY metal deck hatch that DOESN'T leak.

I've asked a number of owners that have P E hatches and all say "no leaks".

Do they leak when new or after a few years of use ??

Curious

I had Freemans in my Henriques and the bowpicker they didn't leak.

Blacktide

Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Cheap answer boys!

I have 5 anchor hatches and they all leaked! I tried a few things and nothing worked. Then I found the solution. Go to Home Depot and buy the foam adhesive weather stripping. I get the white 1/2 inch and I put down on the frame of the hatch. Bam no leaks ! It only last a year or so . I just spent the 15 minutes or so it takes to redo them.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Cheap answer boys!

I have 5 anchor hatches and they all leaked! I tried a few things and nothing worked. Then I found the solution. Go to Home Depot and buy the foam adhesive weather stripping. I get the white 1/2 inch and I put down on the frame of the hatch. Bam no leaks ! It only last a year or so . I just spent the 15 minutes or so it takes to redo them.
Nice....because my dual ram steering looks like I have bin soaking it in salt water for years....with all the live well water running on it

Top Bottom