anchor hatches

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
What is the best place to buy anchor hatches? Is Hamilton the only choice?

Blacktide

Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
I think so. That's where I got mine. Don't forget to put a foam weather strip on the inside on the frame or they wil leak.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
I just feel like at Hamilton, you pay a premium for everything. I will look into that mike. I want to put them on either side of my engine box.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
What do you specifically mean by anchor hatch? Just a large deck hatch or what? Not following or I don't know the term.

RAMPAGE88

Commander
Roses in Gloucester carries Anchor products. I purchased Anchor brand trunk & cabin grab-rails & Rusty was not only very helpful, but beat Hamiltons prices by a long shot...........

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Roses has them glen and if they dont have the size you need they will get it with in a week or two give marty a call he will get you all set up

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
The anchor hatches in my eyes are the best you can get they lock down the best with all them dogs on them good luck

oldshell55

Captain
Boat Make
BHM36 , 38’ young bros ,
i have H. Gibbs hatches on my boat and just bout a new 20x30 hatch and with shipping from canada it was cheaper than the hatch from hamiltons, they are good quality, maybe worth a call.

Hatches

I could be wrong, I met a fellow at a show a couple of years ago it may have been H Gibbs, he told the story of how anchor was his original idea and that anchor hatches stole it from him and went forward with advertising and producing them. He was trying to put his own hatches out there , and from what I could see they were nearly identical in quality as well as construction, so if they are cheaper in price it is not that they are inferior and I would feel confident in buying them, it is only a matter of finding a distributor.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
I would rather buy from Roses, just because I know them so long, didn't realize they carried them. These hatches can be slippery, but they do dog down nice. If you keep the seals clean they don't leak a drop. Where I want them, they will be in the wheelhouse, under a rubber mat, so no issues anyway with slippage. Maybe I can get my TV star friend to put them on his account goog.

tonysmjc

Lieutenant
I just put two in
The access the provide is far superior to and oval or round hatch

Mine are also in the cabin
I can live with any downside to gain the accessibility

Cfood

Lieutenant
In my experience aluminum hatches are slippery when wet and eventually leak.

I agree. I've never seen any brand/style not leak where the install is on a deck that see's any water. If someone has had better luck I'd be interested

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
The frame is slippery, not the diamond plate. That stick on black nonskid they sell will last a season if applied right.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
I agree. I've never seen any brand/style not leak where the install is on a deck that see's any water. If someone has had better luck I'd be interested

Its all about the rubber seal. If you keep the lip clean, and replace the seal when necessary, they are very good. I don't think any of my aluminum Bomar hatches have ever leaked if dogged. They will leak the water laying around the hatch when you open it though.

kmac

Commander
Wet bilges are a fact of life, thats why we have bilge pumps. I don't even bother trying to keep them dry.

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Glen let me know it you need any prices or what not roses has the full line of them and carry seals when the time comes are you talking are buddy in the small boat or tubby tuna

Latest Posts

Top Bottom