Another Alaskan

Kodiakan

Commander
Been wanting a Downeast for thirty years but they seem to be few and far between on the left coast. Discovered this site and am already addicted to it.....

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Here is a downeast boat, a Wesmac gillnetter for sale in Alaska - 38 Wesmac

It's not that far from Kodiak, it is located on the Kenai peninsula. It's my boat, so if you want to talk downeasts, call me ;).

816-365-9175

Brian

Last edited:

commtuna

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
2000 tons of steel
I'll be darned; its a small world.........

It certainly is. Pretty sure theres 2 downeasts here in Kodiak. Havn't seen them up close but I think one is a Bruno and the other is a JC. One is in St. Paul Harbor and the other in St. Herman. There is also a 52' Millennium (Novi boat made by Cory Guimond) named Fishin Magician here too. It's a beast.

Kodiakan

Commander
The "Freya" in St Hermans is a Jarvis Newman. I tried to buy her 25 years ago and again last year. He's smart and won't part with her. I'll have to hunt down the Bruno. I don't know where she is........

commtuna

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
2000 tons of steel
The "Freya" in St Hermans is a Jarvis Newman. I tried to buy her 25 years ago and again last year. He's smart and won't part with her. I'll have to hunt down the Bruno. I don't know where she is........
Yea, thats one of them. The other is in St. Paul, think it's on the first dock closest to the harbormasters office. Its not big, maybe 31'-35'.

Kodiakan

Commander
Thanks, I'll hunt her down. Just looking for a play boat. Headin over to the harbor now....

winterking

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Tom
Boat Make
26’ Duffy

commtuna

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
2000 tons of steel
I've walked those docks in Kodiak a few times, talked with the owner of the Jarvis Newman, nice guy, looks like a nice rig to do halibut, what does the fishing magician do? Cod jigger? Quite a boat, stood there drooling a time or two!
Used to take the ferry from homer every 6 to 8 weeks to come and shoe horses in Kodiak, great town! Even better people !!
Sure do miss it, welcome! This forum reminds of the good people who live on the rock! : )
Magician is set up for longlining right now...
kvhf.jpg

commtuna

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
2000 tons of steel
Kodiakan,

Saw that other downeaster today. Nosed in, first pier near harbormastor. From quick glance, it's a low sheer 31-35 footer. Possibly Bruno, JC or Duffy. Not sure...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom