Another QSB fuel filter question

8943post

Commander
Boat Make
33 Duffy
In the process of changing the engine mounted secondary Fuel filter FF5488, can't find anyway to fit the small rubber washer that comes with the filter. So I figured they use this filter on other motors and that's why it's there...then I looked in the drain pan and saw another one that must've come off the old filter?

Where does the rubber gasket go? Too big to slide onto the threaded neck.

FPTMarineDiesel

Captain
In the process of changing the engine mounted secondary Fuel filter FF5488, can't find anyway to fit the small rubber washer that comes with the filter. So I figured they use this filter on other motors and that's why it's there...then I looked in the drain pan and saw another one that must've come off the old filter?

if you look at the very center of the filter head there should be a ledge around the threaded nipple and this is where the seal would seat if it were needed, then there is the outer seal for the filter head outer ledge. If you saw that one came off with the old filter and you see that there is the inner most ledge around the threaded nipple then you should use what came with your new filter. It may not slide up on the nipple and stay. You could always post a picture for people to look at the filter head and the seal you see in your pan?

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power

Did the "old rubber gasket" come off with the "old filter" ??
Most likely not unless you pulled it off.

If not the rubber gasket is still on the neck.

You could screw on the new filter using the old gasket.

I do.

Top Bottom