Tripp / midland
Just got a 22 project and looking for ideas
bob

Last edited:

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Sweet project boat! I think a bracket with outboard would be perfect. Maybe a walk around center console pilothouse. You might consider adding a built in "cuddy" in the bow for storage. Very practical for holding anchor, fishing gear, chairs, bbq etc. Keep us posted on updates. Does it need a new transom and stringers?

Check out this Nauset 25' for photos for center console pilothouse. This looks very functional but might be a love it or hate it design. You can always make it better looking by changing the front windows to two or even three windows. http://newenglandboating.com/news/nauset-marine’s-custom-touch.html

Nauset_25-Pilothouse-560x314.jpg

Last edited:

SHORT STEP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp / midland
tripp

I did the transom over , the PO made such a mess of it I couldn't stand it , it must have weighed 300 lbs . the stringers are foam cored so they are fine . he screwed the deck up to so that went . there was a lot of lamination on the sides and bottom so i replaced a lot of the original glass . it looks like shoddy work when built , glass not wetted out , laminates over dry resin , pulled off 4' pieces of roving with little effort . used 9 gal of resin and yds of cloth to get it back to where i'm comfortable with it .
i have a 22 eastporter cabin that Travis is going to photo shop on it but im leaning to a doghouse with a small cuddy. im not much at taking pics but ill take some when i get back to it , maybe a month . Joe merton @ mertons fiberglass is giving me a lot of good advise , he's a pretty knowledgeable guy
bob

Last edited:

jojobee

Commander
I'm gutting one right now. I had the bottom done at a friends yard. I replaced all the through hulls, took out the tanks and I am currently removing the coring from the inside. My TRIPP is a 74. I also have a rebuilt Yanmar 4LH-TE (110hp) that I will install. I will probably throw some Kirby paint on it and be done.

SHORT STEP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp / midland
tripp

mine is a 70 but i think that's because it didn't have a title , you didn't need one in 1970 in Ct. It has no coring in the hull just in the washboards . did yours look like lousy work when you got into the hull ? I have a 90 Honda that should get 10-12 kts if I keep it lite , looks like a CC with a shelter deck up front
bob

jojobee

Commander
The boat looked terrible. I found it in the woods with a tree growing out of it. The hull is not cored just the washboards and foredeck. The v birth was rotten too. Luckily I have the fiberglass stringer system.

SHORT STEP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp / midland
tripp

There was one in Georgetown Ma for free I looked at last year and passed on . wish I had it now for the foredeck .
bob

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Here are some pics of a friends restoration. I think the fiberglass was mostly in good shape but he made the console.

image.jpg

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
tripp angler #4- cant make them right side up. Figured you would still rather see them than not...

image.jpg

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
No idea but it is sweet. Found another pic of it. Hope it comes in right side up.

image.jpg

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
Thanks- he worked for Pearson and that is their proprietary epoxy/varnish mix. Wetsanded I believe and that whole thing is screwed on from inside the console so it can be removed and refinished.

SHORT STEP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp / midland
Almost done

Finally , all thats left is to paint the bottom
Bob

Last edited:

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
Looks great bob!

Is the Tripp exactly the same as the sisu?
The sheer line looks flatter on the Tripp, like maybe a little more freeboard.
I could be seeing things that aren't there.

Last edited:

jojobee

Commander
Not the same as the sisu. This hull has been made in fiberglass since the 50's! Originally under the Palmer Scott/ Marscott plastic name.

Top Bottom