Any archery guys on here?

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

tailhook

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 JC
Years ago i shot a lot mostly 3D stuff, some hunting. Addictive sport shot everyday day for years Hoyt archery sponsored a bunch of people from the archery shop i went to, Got nice deals on all my equipment and had fun teaching people how to shoot. Is she right handed or left? The reason i ask is she can use a release to shoot. i did break my arm as a kid and cannot move my wrist enough to shoot without one (i still shoot a long gun left handed and im a righty), Let me know see if i can help.

PatriciaLynn

Captain
Boat Make
Repco
I got a crossbow this year, bored with my bow. We have expanded archery in our area and her hand could qualify her to use a cross bow in the expanded archery season. This year it runs September 12-end of hunting season.

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

30-06guy

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Currently boatless
I got a crossbow this year, bored with my bow. We have expanded archery in our area and her hand could qualify her to use a cross bow in the expanded archery season. This year it runs September 12-end of hunting season.
I agree, the crossbow would be the quickest way to get started considering her challenges. But I have seen plenty of guys make bow modifications to help them shoot a conventional bow when they got injuries or other issues that prevented them from being able to shoot. I bet with a little research you could find a way to modify a bow so she could hold it and shoot it. I have seen videos on YouTube of people with one arm holding the bow and drawing and releasing with there teeth. Most things can be overcome if you put your mind to it.

Rob

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

30-06guy

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Currently boatless
The guys at Lakeside Archery in Yarmouth ME are 100% onboard and anxious to get her started. I will be taking her there on Sunday so we can see what mods have to be done to make it work, maybe even let her shoot. Doesn’t want a dime until we are ready.

Be careful. It's addictive. The whole family will be slinging arrows before your done.

Pete H

Lieutenant
First Name
Pete
Boat Make
Rosborough RF-246
I wonder if a modified “back tension release” might work. If Lakeside is stumped, check out the archery range at LL Bean. One of their instructors might have some good ideas. Good luck!

andy65

Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Google Matt Stutzman. He is an armless archer. He is a champion competing against people with arms. So, there must be a way.
I have Lit’l Brave youth bow by Golden Eagle which I will give to her if you want.

MAArcher

Commander
The smile says it all.

Is that her bow or the shops? If she needs a bow I have a nice old 62" Martin recurve, 30# @ 28", that I learned to shoot with when I was a kid. She's welcome to have it. Or you or anyone else in your family who may like to join her. I'm in Salem, NH but don't need much of an excuse to go up to Cabelas or KTP if that makes it easier.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Top Bottom