Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

MAArcher

Captain
What do you think of using pallets up on end for fencing around the range?
Ok I guess if you think you need to protect the surrounding area or stop a pet from running onto the range. But I would say if someone is sending arrows beyond those hay bails, they should just be standing closer until they are ready to move back. You won’t get proficient sooner by spending all your time looking for lost arrows buried in the yard.

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

MAArcher

Captain
Take some time for yourself and try stump shooting. Then if the kids start to get board shooting at paper, take them in the woods. It’s fun to ham it up and put a fake “stalk” on a stump pretending it’s a turkey or deer. Hushed voices, tip toeing. It can be fun even if there’s no interest in procuring protein right now.

Viexile

Lieutenant Commander
Buy some judo points and go “stump shooting” in the woods. Pretend every rotten stump and log is a bedded deer and stick it. Good practice.
I was doing that what - 43 years ago and it worked. Stabbed one deer at 40 yards through the lungs and sold the "Bobcat Magnum" bow (all I can remember) a couple days later for gas money to get back and forth to UMO. No sights, just aim, gauge, exhale slowly and release. Used the judo or whatever those blunt points with the little spring loaded wires on them for rabbits, too. Now I'm old enough to be allowed to "bowhunt" in Maine with a crossbow. Holy crap are some of those monsters accurate.

Now that I think about it, the bow was a Martin Bobcat Magnum. And boy does practicing with judo points for a few weeks work! But I probably couldn't hit the side of a barn with a bow if I was shooting from inside today. Back then I was pretty dangerous. Oh, and the reason I didn't use sights was because all I had was a cheap set and they'd rattle down the channels every time I shot. I'll bet technology has improved considerably!

Last edited:

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

MAArcher

Captain
My Bow is not in yet, but we have still been shooting every Sunday. I am seriously thinking about writing a letter to the Governor, Senator, or Congress person about how good of a business Lakeside is. I mean they handled my daughter’s limb difference like pro’s and continue to support her. They are very fair when it comes to charging us range time. I just feel businesses like that should be recognized. What is the best way to go about it?
Good Yelp review, comment on their Facebook page, tell everyone you know like you’re doing. Join and spread the word on any Adaptive Archery social media groups.

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

30-06guy

Commander
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Currently boatless
Very good shooting. Great way to spend some time with your kids and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User
Top Bottom