Any drone pilots on DBF? Any recommendations for a user friendly drone with a camera?

leaky

Vice Admiral
They are definitely really hard to land on a boat, particularly a fishing boat with all the rigging and rods, basically it trips all the spidey senses built into them.

HARDTAIL

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

MAArcher

Captain
I guess the drone feature that seems the coolest to me is "track". I love the idea of just sort of "setting and forgetting" and having it follow you around for a bit. Nice, stable, smooth but dynamic footage.

Not Downeasts, but example of the type of footage:

Mickey

Lieutenant
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
Acadia 25
My kids got me a Potensic D60 for Christmas. Easy to fly, takes good pictures & video, has a take off & land, return to base, follow features. I haven't used it n the boat yet but do plan to get some pics of my boat this year. I will definitely be mindful of others because I too get annoyed with someone in our marina that keeps flying one over our boats.

Woodman82

Lieutenant
Website
www.doherty-customs.com
Boat Make
30 nauset
Dji mavic air 2 is incredible, just got it, can go out as far as 6 miles, it's awesome for filming before and after construction jobs. I think it will work to find bluefin also. The video and pic quality are excellent. It's a little pricey, 1k for the entire package . But worth it if it dosnt break

LuSea

Lieutenant
First Name
Tom
Boat Make
Nauset 35
Dji mavic air 2 is incredible, just got it, can go out as far as 6 miles, it's awesome for filming before and after construction jobs. I think it will work to find bluefin also. The video and pic quality are excellent. It's a little pricey, 1k for the entire package . But worth it if it dosnt break
100% agree on the Mavic Air 2 ! I own a Inspire 2 which I bought a few years ago for work. The footage is amazing but I am always reluctant to bring it boating since hand catching is a must ! I use it most for this kind of stuff:
I once owned a Phantom and was a bit more ballsy about over water flights as it was a easy hand catch.

Im thinking hard of selling my setup and moving into a Mavic Air 2 !

Woodman82

Lieutenant
Website
www.doherty-customs.com
Boat Make
30 nauset
100% agree on the Mavic Air 2 ! I own a Inspire 2 which I bought a few years ago for work. The footage is amazing but I am always reluctant to bring it boating since hand catching is a must ! I use it most for this kind of stuff:
I once owned a Phantom and was a bit more ballsy about over water flights as it was a easy hand catch.

Im thinking hard of selling my setup and moving into a Mavic Air 2 !
How do u make those videos? I have yet to put one together. That house is impressive. I took footage of a few additions and exterior remodels. Still getting the hang of it. But if I can cut footage. I will be able to put together a nice video I'm sure

LuSea

Lieutenant
First Name
Tom
Boat Make
Nauset 35
How do u make those videos? I have yet to put one together. That house is impressive. I took footage of a few additions and exterior remodels. Still getting the hang of it. But if I can cut footage. I will be able to put together a nice video I'm sure
I use Adobe Final Cut Pro but any good video editing software will work. I use Mac so the boat video was done in iMovie

Top Bottom