Any Ideas on what this is?

levidossak

Deckhand
Boat Make
27' Jefferson shrimper/F/V Sonny Boy 1968 Rawson/ Wanting a DE
He said it was over 11 wide. I might drive up tomorrow.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
might be a old russian hull ?? no keel to speak of and trailer has mobile home wheels.

Last edited:

levidossak

Deckhand
Boat Make
might be a old russian hull ?? no keel to speak of and trailer has mobile home wheels.

Did you see how the transom appears to flare out. He said it is set up for single engine.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Did you see how the transom appears to flare out. He said it is set up for single engine.

most of the older russian boats were single diesels. Doesn't the owner know anything about the hull ?? Another dreamer that was going to make it big :p !!!

levidossak

Deckhand
Boat Make
No idea

He got it from estate sale and has no information on it at all. I went up there today and bought it for 5k with a bunch of extra parts including a running 453 with gear. I couldn't pass it up. It was too nice of a trailer and too interesting of a boat.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

levidossak

Deckhand
Boat Make
I think I will try and turn it into a Cook Inlet Gillnetter. I didn't take great pictures while I was there. The plan is to get up there in a few weeks, cut the gooseneck off and put on a pintle. It's about 250 miles away on a frost-heaved road. So It will probably be a weekend trip. I will post pictures soon.

levidossak

Deckhand
Boat Make
We'll get together. My wife is going to Florida April 2nd, so I will wait until she leaves before I work on getting it back.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
what did they do build the trailer around the blocked up boat ?? i don't see any bunks on the trailer.

levidossak

Deckhand
Boat Make
These pictures are several months old. The bunks are on along with all the tires. It was still have to be shored up a little better before it is road worthy.

5akman

1st Mate
Website
www.alldrinsalmon.com
Boat Make
40' Snowball gillnetter
Levi,
I've spent a lot of time laying in someone's yard trying to rehab something so I can tow it home. With this in mind, can you find a tow vehicle with a gooseneck so that you can tow it back to Kenai and then do the hitch R&R in a more hospitable location? Just a thought! :)

L

levidossak

Deckhand
Boat Make
Levi,
I've spent a lot of time laying in someone's yard trying to rehab something so I can tow it home. With this in mind, can you find a tow vehicle with a gooseneck so that you can tow it back to Kenai and then do the hitch R&R in a more hospitable location? Just a thought! :)

L
I thought about that, and it was my first option. My deckhand and good friend is the guy that built all those Bruin boats and he is ready to go up there and throw a tongue on it. We have been in this same position a few times in the past couple years and we consider it part of the adventure. The steel is ordered and my father-in-law has a dump truck with a pintle that I can use anytime.

Top Bottom