Anyone been aboard one of these?

RKrough

Commander
Boat Make
Midland 19
Seems like it floats well enough, but that fake brown wood is butt ugly. It looks like it belongs on a playground.

20' commercial version looks better IMO

l02.jpg

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
I believe they were selling a 20' with a console and leaning post with a 90 ETEC for like $27k as a dealer demo...so depending on how it was rigged your looking at low-30's max +/-.

jojobee

Commander
I remember these being marketed as an aquaculture boat when they first came out. I think they are a good basic, non performance, style work boat.

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
Never been on one in the water, but have seen them at the Maine Boat Builders show the past several years. They seem like honest, simple, large work platforms. Huge deck for the size of the boat. Pushed by small (economical) engines.

lakensea

Ensign
When I first became a Seaway dealer, they had access to those molds and I sold a 16' and a 20'. There are very good work platforms, but that's about it. Very flat bottom.

That seems like quite a bit of money for that type of ride.

stripersurf

Ensign
Dave Cunniffe and AJ took me out for a test ride in one of the Allied RB 19s with a 60 etec in April 2012, they were doing a delivery to Maryland from Maine and were happy to stop in Rockaway NY to demo the boat with me for a few hours and answer my questions. I was interested in the WB 20 as a no frills recreational fishing skiff for me as a first boat. I liked the low maintenance and low gas consumption and wide beam of the WB 20. The ride of the RB 19 was smooth compared to other cc's i have been on it seems to glide over the waves compared to the heavier deep v cc's i have fished upon. We didnt get to test it in much of a chop but it took the waves well and seemed like a comfortable boat on the drift. The boat i tested had trimtabs and dave recomended them. Dave was hoping for rougher conditions so that I could see that the boat was not just a bay skiff as many critics seem to view it as. I liked the boat and was impressed with the hull,. Im not a fan of the trex but i was interested in the WB model anyway. Its still on my list of hulls that im interested in. Right now Hurricane Sandy took the money for the boat fund.

South Bound

Lieutenant
Looks like the old Sea Hoss skiff if so you can not head into more than a one foot chop without pounding your teeth out.

Top Bottom