Anyone bought a new vehicle lately? Are things wierd or just this place?

Fouraces59

Commander
First Name
Jay
Boat Make
26 Seaway CC
There is no longer any customer loyalty ? I would agree regular buyers are worth more consideration . New plan seems to be fillet the costumer and move on to the next .

Just went through this with cell phone plan . 30 yrs with sprint , sold to t-mobil . No more loyalty benefit ? If no loyalty to me , none to you
Totally opposite of my beliefs . Oh well , just shop till you drop and get what best works for you ?
Oh by the way, don't worry about service because you didn't buy there , there all whores and jam the manufacturer any chance they get
I had the cable guy walking door to door explain it to me once. They won't ever give the existing loyal customer the better rates they will a new customer. Wall Street wants to see how many new customers they sign up each month, not as interested in how many they retain, that is what drives the stock price. Even the guy said he switched back and forth...

lobstercraven

Commander
I’ve been trying to find a AWD Ford transit chassis at any Ford dealership . I don’t want to order one because they screw you on the cost and it takes forever to get one these days because of COVID.You can find some When you go online but when you call they say that the only way you can get one is through a sub company that installs van body’s etc. what a total PIA

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
I’ve been trying to find a AWD Ford transit chassis at any Ford dealership . I don’t want to order one because they screw you on the cost and it takes forever to get one these days because of COVID.You can find some When you go online but when you call they say that the only way you can get one is through a sub company that installs van body’s etc. what a total PIA
I just ordered a new ford last week. Got a date of about 6 weeks before its delivered.

Cool Boat

Commander
Since the Congress is hell bent for leather to spend money they don't have and we are probably setting up for some significant inflation or worse, I figured it was time to drop the hammer on a new ride with a long loan. Wife has wanted a third-row seat vehicle and to put the flawless 2010 Prius with 221K miles out to pasture (commuter for kids). Picked up a Toyota Highlander hybrid (rated 35MPG) on Monday, got $5,200 off sticker with the $1,500 Toyota buy down included. She shopped all the local dealers online, and we beat the best internet price by 700 after the test drive. Dealer was about an hour from us, the local ones weren't sharp numbers. I hope this ride is as good as the Prius which was still on the original hybrid batteries, original brakes, and other than a couple of fights with deer, (deer won), has been a great car. NOTE, I asked the salesman, does the Highlander report back to "big brother" all the time, he said no. Today I get an email from Toyota Insurance Services. They have teamed with Nationwide to offer auto insurance. If you signed up for it the car apparently continuously reports back to a computer if you're going the speed limit and such. Since the car shows the speed limit on the dashboard, I think they have everything they need to get nasty with you, and if you got kicked off their insurance, would probably be blackballed in the auto insurance industry. Another thing in this country that is sadly not going in a great direction. Pray for the nation.

leaky

Vice Admiral

Unless the manufacturer has some sale where the vehicles need to be in inventory, like for leftovers and stuff, really it should be no more $$ to order a vehicle than buying it off the lot and can often be less. Basically ordering for them is a vehicle that's sold the second it hits the lot, isn't taking something out of inventory they might sell for more to the next guy etc.. etc..

Wiretime

Lieutenant
Also for ford - make sure you look up the threads on Private Cash Offers (PCOs). Price is MSRP-Dealer Discount-Ford Discounts-PCO (they all stack). They finally sent mine 2 days after I bought my GMC :) . Call 1-800-334-4375 to sign up for brochures and stuff and they eventually send one your way.

PatriciaLynn

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
I test drove a ranger Friday. Really liked it, would like to downsize. They can't go on test drives with you right now because of COVID so you can put them through their paces, test fit in home garage, etc without any hassle...

fishfull thinker

Commander
Lite User
First Name
Nick
Boat Make
Wellcraft Coastal 2800

lobstercraven

Commander
Well I’m not sure that anything can be done for my situation.I’ve since learned that all of the Ford transit chassis’s are pretty much spoken for . They get ordered and are sent directly to aftermarket subcontractors for custom bodies etc. It’s next to impossible to get a bare chassis on a lot somewhere especially since I’m looking for a AWD. That leaves only the northeast for inventory. Believe me, I’ve called around. So that leads me to ordering one. In a nutshell they’re about 6 months out. Apparently between covid and Amazon buying up the inventory it’s a long wait . If your friend can find me a bare AWD transit chassis I would be interested. I have a friend that’s a great fabricator who will build me what I want.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Well I’m not sure that anything can be done for my situation.I’ve since learned that all of the Ford transit chassis’s are pretty much spoken for . They get ordered and are sent directly to aftermarket subcontractors for custom bodies etc. It’s next to impossible to get a bare chassis on a lot somewhere especially since I’m looking for a AWD. That leaves only the northeast for inventory. Believe me, I’ve called around. So that leads me to ordering one. In a nutshell they’re about 6 months out. Apparently between covid and Amazon buying up the inventory it’s a long wait . If your friend can find me a bare AWD transit chassis I would be interested. I have a friend that’s a great fabricator who will build me what I want.
Why dont you just order one? I just ordered a truck and the said i will have it in six weeks. They will even give you the build date.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom