Anyone have 1/2 inch coosa scraps?

leaky

Vice Admiral
I need to counter sink a square hatch in a panel I'm building from 3/4 coosa core. Could of course do this various ways but if I had a 20x20, or even some 20 x 2 inch pieces, of 1/2 coosa it would be really easy to make a consistently flat square "sunk" section.

Will buy it off you, trade, whatever, pay to ship etc etc, just isn't worth buying a sheet for this little piece.

Thanks for looking!

MikesMarine22

Captain
Boat Make
Holland 14, YB 33
I have alot of scrap pieces, I'll see what I have not sure if I have anything that long

leaky

Vice Admiral
I have alot of scrap pieces, I'll see what I have not sure if I have anything that long

Even small pieces would do it, going to be all glued together anyway and then laminated along w/ the larger panel. Really all that that I need to do is run them around the footprint of where the hatch bolts down since the inside gets cutout.

Offshore121

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
First Name
Tyler
Boat Make
31JC

leaky

Vice Admiral
I just bought a 2'x4' piece of 3/8's thick coosa 2 weeks, they have a 20 foot red storage container full of coosa.

Ya they definitely carry lots of coosa, that's where all mine came from to begin with.

Funny, so when I checked before I used the catalog that showed up yesterday because their website was down again :) and it doesn't even list 3/8.

Edit: thought the shipping was going to be over the top because they advertise it is bulky, but upon putting it in the cart turns out is only $10, isn't outrageous.

If nobody has some scraps will probably just grab a 2X4 and make it easy.

Last edited:

RIBen

Lieutenant
If you built the panel from 3/4” and have some left rip it into 2” wide strips on a table saw and then set your fence to 1/2”, stand the 2 inch strips on edge and resaw them to 1/2”. If the tall blade seems sketchy just raise it half way and cut once then flip and cut again.

leaky

Vice Admiral
If you built the panel from 3/4” and have some left rip it into 2” wide strips on a table saw and then set your fence to 1/2”, stand the 2 inch strips on edge and resaw them to 1/2”. If the tall blade seems sketchy just raise it half way and cut once then flip and cut again.

That's what I did, actually made 3 inchers, saw all the way up.

Worked ok, took a little sanding since the blade tends to flex and make a bit of an angle but worked, sanded flat after. A little working in with a DA and this will be perfect.

Also considered doing a solid glass patch but would have been more work.

20210304_184609.jpg

20210304_184743.jpg

Top Bottom