Anyone hunting deer with a bow in NH today?

30-06guy

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Currently boatless
Been out twice and have seen deer twice. Passed up a shot this morning on a smaller doe hoping for a shot at the biggest one but it never got close enough. Heading back out tomorrow morning for another go.

clearcan

Lieutenant
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Starwind 19
I’ve seen the same deer crossing right after dinner all week, but always around 60 yards from me. Looking forward to putting some meat in the freezer. Had a great oyster harvest today though with the kids.

ErikT

Commander
Lite User
First Name
Erik
Boat Make
Crowley Beal 28

30-06guy

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Currently boatless
Put a scratch on one this morning. Hit very low in the brisket. Just some white fur and a couple of drops of blood. I will be back after them tomorrow night.

Heading to western NY next week for the opener out there. Would like to have one in the freezer before I go.

Good luck to all who are going out.

MAArcher

Commander
This might be a high harvest year. Many of my friends have already filled M tags. I could have got a one last night but it was just a small doe and I really had too much work to do today, so she got a pass. Its nice to finally have a first week of archery season and not have it be 80+ degrees. Love this cooler weather.

Last edited:

30-06guy

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Currently boatless
This might be a high harvest year. Many of my friends have already filled M tags. I could got a doe last night but it was just a small doe and I really had too much work to do today so she got a pass. Its nice to finally have a first week of archery season and not have it be 80+ degrees. Love this cooler weather.
And thanks to the drought this has been the first time in a number of years that the first week of bow hasn't been plagued by mosquitoes.

Top Bottom