Anyone into crypto currencies?

chevy18717

Lieutenant
Boat Make
BHM
I got in on dogecoin awhile ago very happy with what has happened over the last month. Don't know anything about them but if it makes money who cares

harpoon83

Commander
First Name
Colin
Im in on Coinebase, also no idea what I am really doing. We will see what happens long term.
Wish I had gotten into it earlier thats for sure.

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
Im in on Coinebase, also no idea what I am really doing. We will see what happens long term.
Wish I had gotten into it earlier thats for sure.
Your not late for the party.... Some of the Alt coins will do what bitcoin did... Crypto investing is still in the early stage. I don't own any bitcoin, but I do own some alt coins.
The attention that bitcoin gets ,affects all other coins. As these attract wallstreet money ,they gain credibility and more people investing in cryptos.

harpoon83

Commander
First Name
Colin
I agree, While I think that Bitcoin itself will continue to go up, the Alt coins have huge potential to sky rocket just how Bitcoin itself did.

And if they don't, then I will just have to keep working my day job long enough to collect my pension. Who knows maybe my Alt coins will allow me to not have to worry about that long term.

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
I agree, While I think that Bitcoin itself will continue to go up, the Alt coins have huge potential to sky rocket just how Bitcoin itself did.

And if they don't, then I will just have to keep working my day job long enough to collect my pension. Who knows maybe my Alt coins will allow me to not have to worry about that long term.
My alt coins are long term investments. I'm not interested in day trading or expecting these to replace my income. It would be nice to get a bump for retirement. I only put a few hundred on each coin.

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
Not going to lie....Bitcoin has been on crack this week.
Huh? The volitivity is what makes the money.... Stop sounding like a whiny bitch... They aren't stocks, they will have big swings of volitivity...remember, Bitcoin has risen about 1000% this year. I don't own any. But the Alt coins rise and fall with the Bitcoin tide... I keep buying select alt coins..with disposable income.

Codcruncher

Commander
Huh? The volitivity is what makes the money.... Stop sounding like a whiny bitch... They aren't stocks, they will have big swings of volitivity...remember, Bitcoin has risen about 1000% this year. I don't own any. But the Alt coins rise and fall with the Bitcoin tide... I keep buying select alt coins..with disposable income.
That's the key word..."disposable " income

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

harpoon83

Commander
First Name
Colin
Pretty silent over here, has anyone done anything big?
Still learning here, think I need to branch out onto more than one platform to be able to access different coins that I am reading about.
Did some math today, up 52% since January, really wish I had grabbed some Doge back in January when I started.

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
The Dogecoin fellas are happy, lol. No Dogecoin here. I only hold some other alt coins. I bought UNI (uniswap) on Jan 3rd at $5.10. Is been been low $40 ish range for a few days. Atom (Cosmos) at $5.59 (1/3/21 also), its at $30.21 today, a little higher than its been for the last week.

I also bought XRP before trading shut dow on Jan 19th due to SEC lawsuit. I knwe of pending lawsuit and I'm confident that they will prevail. I bought at .23 cents, price today is $1.60. Not real sure how the price fluctuates without being able to trade.
I also bought REN at $1.06 and $1.11. They are around $1.01 or so.. I have a few others... not doing much.

Wish I bought Etherium at beginning of the year...

Kodiakan

Commander
Pretty silent over here, has anyone done anything big?
Still learning here, think I need to branch out onto more than one platform to be able to access different coins that I am reading about.
Did some math today, up 52% since January, really wish I had grabbed some Doge back in January when I started.
My Mrs has an employee who was heavy into crypto and she asked me put some in. Her retirement, so I threw a wad in figuring it was gone. Didn’t even look at it for 5 years. Figured I had lost the pass codes but my phone saved them ( and me). Bottom line, pulled it up a couple weeks ago and it did better than anything I own. even my guns investment didn’t do as well.

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
My Mrs has an employee who was heavy into crypto and she asked me put some in. Her retirement, so I threw a wad in figuring it was gone. Didn’t even look at it for 5 years. Figured I had lost the pass codes but my phone saved them ( and me). Bottom line, pulled it up a couple weeks ago and it did better than anything I own. even my guns investment didn’t do as well.
I'm not banking my retirement on this stuff, but I also know...its coming, just like the Internet did in the 90's and I was stupid enough to dismiss that wave...

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

harpoon83

Commander
First Name
Colin
out of 10 different coins, 8 are making me money and 2 are duds are are barely breaking even on my original investment.

I am the type of person who would sell those, and then the next day they will be off to the moon, so I am stuck with them for now.

Top Bottom