Anyone know anything about samson boats?

Mark G

Lieutenant
I just checked out a 2001 samson 30 and i really liked the boat but i dont know anything about them besides theyre built in nova scotia. Anyone ever own one or know about these things?

BB_Offshore

Lieutenant
Lite User
First Name
Matt
Boat Make
Samson 28

Mark G

Lieutenant
I own a '99 Samson 28 with a 225 Deere. I haven't had it for that long, but it has been in the family since new. I think the 28 and 30 might come from the same mold. It's a big 28, 11'+ beam and no engine box with a 6" step into the wheelhouse, but it's a pretty light boat, less than 9k lbs on the scale with 100 gallons of fuel onboard.

Happy to try and answer any questions you have. Also, don't be shy about shooting Samson an email with questions about specific things.... they are great guys and very responsive. I have traded emails with Daryl David a few times in the last year and he was always happy to help.
What do you cruise at with that motor?

cb34

Rear Admiral
I own a '99 Samson 28 with a 225 Deere. I haven't had it for that long, but it has been in the family since new. I think the 28 and 30 might come from the same mold. It's a big 28, 11'+ beam and no engine box with a 6" step into the wheelhouse, but it's a pretty light boat, less than 9k lbs on the scale with 100 gallons of fuel onboard.

Happy to try and answer any questions you have. Also, don't be shy about shooting Samson an email with questions about specific things.... they are great guys and very responsive. I have traded emails with Daryl David a few times in the last year and he was always happy to help.
Live Free or Die...I remember when that was possible LOL

Mark G

Lieutenant
I cruise 13-14 knots at 2100, WOT is around 18 knots. Fuel burn at cruise is prob around 5 gals/hr.
Does she handle ok at 18 knots? If i were to get the boat i would look to repower in the future to try to get closer to that 18kt cruise the hull just doesnt look like it wants to move that fast haha

BB_Offshore

Lieutenant
Lite User
First Name
Matt
Boat Make
Samson 28

mako69

Lieutenant
I fished the Philly D out of Freeport ny several times.. great boat , it was a tank... it was recently for sale too Screensho1(27).jpg

Top Bottom