Anyone know where to get this?

Soundownsam

Lieutenant
First Name
Sam
That's from Evolution and was added to some systems. Is that your boat, or an example of what you are looking for?

My understanding is that they do clean up the flow out of the prop and may help performance, but have a tendency to fall off. I've got a few ideas of how we can modify them to make them stay on better.

what size shaft do you have?

sam

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
That's from Evolution and was added to some systems. Is that your boat, or an example of what you are looking for?

My understanding is that they do clean up the flow out of the prop and may help performance, but have a tendency to fall off. I've got a few ideas of how we can modify them to make them stay on better.

what size shaft do you have?

sam
Sam It is not my boat and guessed it came from Evolution but they make no mention of it with their systems. Yes they do work and I was interested in getting one for my boat which has a 2 3/4" shaft. Do you happen to know where it can be sourced?

Capt.Ben

Lieutenant Commander
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.retmarine.com
Boat Make
20' Grady White Tournament
Not sure about the cone, but that sure is a nice Piranha Dual Line Cutter he has installed on the prop shaft.

Soundownsam

Lieutenant
First Name
Sam
Sam It is not my boat and guessed it came from Evolution but they make no mention of it with their systems. Yes they do work and I was interested in getting one for my boat which has a 2 3/4" shaft. Do you happen to know where it can be sourced?
That cone was manufactured by Evolution when they were in Rockland. I still have the prints for them some place and can make in Salem where we currently manufacture the Evolution parts. If you can tell me what size wrench your prop nut uses I can get a price and lead time.

sam

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Thank you Sam, I will be in touch.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
I bet a prop nut zinc would be very close in size too.

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
You will get 5X the benefit by making your rudder a foil than you will ever get from a fairwater prop nut. IMHO

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Last edited:

Soundownsam

Lieutenant
First Name
Sam
Question :, only one Ny Lock nut ? No cotter key or lock nut ?

Statement: I would rather see the regular two nuts and the spinner turned out to fit over with two 1/4 -20's set screws to lock it on.

Not trying to re engineer a product that works just the way i would want mine made.
I was surprised by that as well. They only make those ones for very small shafts, so that may be the issue.
Sam

Sam

Top Bottom