are webbers cove boats still produced

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
i am assuming that webber's cove boat yard made or makes the webber's cove boats designed by spencer lincoln.

are these boats still produced, if not by them then by someone else?
i just haven't seen any really new ones advertised for sale.
however, i am a long long way from maine, so educating myself on lobsterboats is limited to those ones here, and on the internet.

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
thanks for the pemaquid link.
i like sites that give you a price list for kit components.
this begs follow up questions:
how do they perform (mainly 26 and 29)?
how do they compare to a duffy? they look similar expect the built in chine/spray knocker, and the flare carried well aft in the webco. i guess a bit more room in the webco cockpit, and maybe a drier, more stable ride?

capnrob

Lieutenant
Boat Make
webbers cove 34 1968
Webbers Cove 34

I have a Webco 34 finished as a pocket motor yacht in '68. I love it. I moved to North Carolina a few years ago and the man running the boatyard here has a hull that's almost identical to my Webco in the shed here. It's a bare hull with stringers, rub rail, running gear and a 6 cyl, Ford Leyman diesel with rev. gear. The hull has been faired quite fine and is primed with Awlquick. He's asking $5,000.

WC1966

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Webbers Cove 34
However

Those 34 Webbers cove boats from the 70's are not built anymore...
Still a few around, 1966 34 foot w/flybridge, old, slow, but still floating, 35+ years as a charter by 5 prior owners
till I bought it in 2003
When I get back to CT I will try to find the CG list of prior owners w/ boat names. Some one will know some of the prior owners

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Still a few around, 1966 34 foot w/flybridge, old, slow, but still floating, 35+ years as a charter by 5 prior owners
till I bought it in 2003
When I get back to CT I will try to find the CG list of prior owners w/ boat names. Some one will know some of the prior owners
What i ment is i dont think the mold is usable any longer

jnoon

Lieutenant Commander
I've never been on one, but they sure look like they roll. The bottom of that 34 hull is really round.

Alison Tuna

Captain
Boat Make
Privateer
I bought the capt bubba from Hudson Point Marina 10 years ago. For what I did it was perfect. 16 knot cruise but the boat was empty with only a v berth n bathroom....

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
forget the 34, how does the 26 and 29 compare to, lets say, their duffy counterparts?

Top Bottom