Are Willards a DE ???

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
Sea Jeep - $27777 (PR)

image 1image 2image 3
Motor Vessel M/V BIG SLICK
$27,777 (Financing for the right qualified party)

• DESCRIPTION: 33 'Custom Dive / Fishing Boat, manufacturer Willard Marine made for U.S. Navy as a passenger vessel. LOADED with single 1987 John Deere 6068 diesel GPS (Navionics charts), radar, VHF radio, 110volt inverter, autopilot COMNAV, Lee outriggers, Marine head, huge aluminum swim platform, many extras.
• VERY ECONOMICAL: 2-3 gallons per hour, vessel pays for itself in a short time savings on maintenance and fuel.
• READY TO WORK AND BUILT TOUGH ("sea jeep"), with the autopilot, electronics and setup easily can operate as small ferry or supply boat to islands. Already has made multiple trips through the Mona Passage, Dominican Republic and Turks and Caicos (360 miles of open ocean single handed). Recently chartered to commercial dive operation
• OVERNIGHT ACCOMODATIONS: BIG SLICK has a cabin with two bunks, marine head etc. can easily sleep four. No more need for hotel traveling between islands
• FRESH BOTTOM PAINT bottom and haul job with new paint and zincs.
• COI ready collision bulkhead, railing etc. With seating arrangement and proposed route probable COI for 24-36.
• READY TO FISH Outriggers, rod holders,
• PROFESSIONALLY RIGGED. Commercial 1600 ton captain rigged vessel to be almost maintenance free
• SHALLOW DRAFT: about 18-20 inches. Beachable.
• HUGE SWIM PLATFORM and ladder
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

manni-yunk

Commander
Sea Jeep - $27777 (PR)

image 1image 2image 3
Motor Vessel M/V BIG SLICK
$27,777 (Financing for the right qualified party)

• DESCRIPTION: 33 'Custom Dive / Fishing Boat, manufacturer Willard Marine made for U.S. Navy as a passenger vessel. LOADED with single 1987 John Deere 6068 diesel GPS (Navionics charts), radar, VHF radio, 110volt inverter, autopilot COMNAV, Lee outriggers, Marine head, huge aluminum swim platform, many extras.
• VERY ECONOMICAL: 2-3 gallons per hour, vessel pays for itself in a short time savings on maintenance and fuel.
• READY TO WORK AND BUILT TOUGH ("sea jeep"), with the autopilot, electronics and setup easily can operate as small ferry or supply boat to islands. Already has made multiple trips through the Mona Passage, Dominican Republic and Turks and Caicos (360 miles of open ocean single handed). Recently chartered to commercial dive operation
• OVERNIGHT ACCOMODATIONS: BIG SLICK has a cabin with two bunks, marine head etc. can easily sleep four. No more need for hotel traveling between islands
• FRESH BOTTOM PAINT bottom and haul job with new paint and zincs.
• COI ready collision bulkhead, railing etc. With seating arrangement and proposed route probable COI for 24-36.
• READY TO FISH Outriggers, rod holders,
• PROFESSIONALLY RIGGED. Commercial 1600 ton captain rigged vessel to be almost maintenance free
• SHALLOW DRAFT: about 18-20 inches. Beachable.
• HUGE SWIM PLATFORM and ladder
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Nevermind.

Last edited:

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
I think his Willard is a navy version, not the Full displacement Willards. If it is the navy version, they are basically a downeast hull design with one big difference. The keel is "cut away", with only a smaller part remaining. They installed a backing rudder that was linked to the rudder with a drag link. This backing rudder was fwd and above the prop shaft.
Webbers cove made many of these boats for the Gov't in the 60's, and 70's. They were pretty skinny by todays standards. Most of the UTB's (open) were 33, 40 and 50'. The personnel boats (double cabin) were 33 and 40'. I think the UTB's had Detroit 4-53's and most others had 6-71's. newer models have Cummins 6bt.
Bullet proof construction,overbuilt to be sailor proof. Steel backbone encased in thick Fire retardant FG. Foam filled hulls. Part of the Navy requirements for the build contract was the must remain afloat while swamped for 12 hrs with full load personnel. There are many of these hulls around converted to fishboats, work boats and yachts.

Last edited:

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
Willard 33 being sold on CL in PR....sorry I could not load the photo's....looks like a tank, probably 10-12 knot boat. Was formerly a Admirals gig. . They cut out the rear compartment and made it an open deck...

Top Bottom