As seen on Wesmac site, for sale....

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Maybe they thought it would be a money maker, ho, ho?

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
THere are several post son this big girl. Someone mentioned it was a partnership and tried to fish inshore and couldnt make enough money or something along thoose lines.

Seadogs

Ensign
As for the "for sale" listing - it only makes sense considering there are lots of guys with money poking around the Wesmac shop and some folks simply dont like to wait the 30+ months for a new build. If she sold, we'd buy a used vessel to fish this season and commission a new wesmac completley custom. Probably a 50' to jump up to the 17' beam.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Brand new 50 footer? Better catch even more tunas then.

Montauk Rocket

Commander
the Hazel Browne will be fished this season. It sat at the dock most of last season. She is in Surry now having some issues corrected surrounding her conversion from a cruiser (K2) to a tuna fishing vessel(Hazel Browne). She will be launched mid April with all possible hand gear permits available and fished actively through mid November 2013. The boat is entirely owned by Browne Trading Co. Portland ME. Captain Greenlaw was brought on to garner up some charter business but plans changed when she became engaged and later married this past summer. F/V HB stayed tied up for the bulk of the season until I took over as Captain in mid August. It took me just about 12 lost giant BFT's before I was able to get all systems dialed in and start landing fish. Prior to that the boat was believed to be cursed. It is my crew and I's intent to basically out fish the fleet this year as there will be very little reason to be tied up at the dock. She handles true 10 footers with little pound at 10knts and will be making her first trips to Georges this season now that all the bugs have been worked out. In flat seas she can cruise at 18knt at 75%power and burn 36-40 gph. at 10knts she sips fuel at less than 10GPH. The HB is a joy to captain and i am counting down the days till she is back in the water.

Welcome aboard. Glad you're here.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Great to have you here... That is a tough bit to make it work to cruise at 36-40GPH at 18knots ;) That 10 for 10 is GREAT really puts it in perspective because I used to run our H&H 40 at 10kts to burn 10GPH, but you get to do the same for ALOT MORE BOAT. Good luck this season.

Fish220sr

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
29' Webbers Cove

Machias

Lieutenant Commander
SeaDogs- Sounds like you are getting every thing set up. What aspects of the boat need to be reconfigured to meet your requirements to fish productively for GBFT?
Good Luck!
I was thinking the same thing, not to sound too facetious but I'm pretty sure it's the crew that catches and loses the fish not the boat... Very curious how does a tricked out Wesmac lose 12 Giant Bluefin?

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I'm wondering if he will even post them here???

Woundering if it had things like slow to respond steering, configuration not for two people to fish...the list could go on and on.

Or was it the curse...

I do know I've heard more and more people complaining about lifting rails/quarter gaurds recently, not that they apply to every vessel...

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
I'm wondering if he will even post them here???

Woundering if it had things like slow to respond steering, configuration not for two people to fish...the list could go on and on.

Or was it the curse...

I do know I've heard more and more people complaining about lifting rails/quarter gaurds recently, not that they apply to every vessel...
Shawn there's nothing to say its a lack of expperience it will come together

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Boats gotto help man! If it didnt' I wouldnt have a downeaster, I'd have one of those p*ssy palace SEARAYS! LOL

I'm just talking crap, its winter... but you know what I mean...

Drakes

Lieutenant
No I don't know what crap you are spewing? Losing 12 fish is just plain bad luck I lost five in a row to end 2012 just sucks. I don't care what kind of boat your in the boat doesn't matter

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
No I don't know what crap you are spewing? Losing 12 fish is just plain bad luck I lost five in a row to end 2012 just sucks. I don't care what kind of boat your in the boat doesn't matter
I dont know if i could take losing 12 in a row.....i dropped 4 in a row and i was almost ready to throw a rope over a beam..lol

Seacat

Lieutenant
12 in a row is tough love, therapy must be required!!! At that point you need to get a scuba tank and spear gun and some C4, just to get your point across to the fish!!

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
He's offull cocky for some one that's bragging about you loosen 12 in a row I hope you have all your shit off the boat if it was my boat the changes I made to the boat would be the crew and getting one that can get the job done and try and get me so of that crazy money back.

Alison Tuna

Captain
Boat Make
Privateer
Lol... Thought I was on Noreast for a minute..

That's sweet ride... However my family has been in the boat business for 30 years and we stay clear of the bullshit. Anyone that talks about out fishing anyone etc or pumping their muscles... Especially on the Internet never lasted long with us..

Sweet boat...

Top Bottom