ATC website?

benenglish76

Lieutenant
Just out of my own curiosity, does anyone know why atc's website gives no knowledge of a few of their products (such as hull&deck, multi bond 510, etc) ? Would like to find some numbers on the products in comparison to other similar formulations from other competitors...

Atc

I agree that ATC is vague at best. I think that there is an assumption on the chemical manufactures that their products being used in the industrial setting speak for themselves and don't need to be explained further. This leads to a trial and error situation. Another possibility is that ATC doesn't want any liability or responsibility for their products. I have found that a good tooling or mold maker can explain based on experience the pros and cons of particular products. You can talk to someone at Comp 1 but they are just salesman. A good local source for you to speak to is Bob Turcotte of Turcotte Yacht design. He has a lot of composite experience on both a hands on as well as technical side.

benenglish76

Lieutenant
Oh I know Bob. He was the director at the boat school while I attended. Funny guy. Yeah, Its certainly aggravating flipping through some manufactures sites. I find that knowledge is indeed best with experience (or opinions of the experienced), yet there are times when you run into those that have been doing something a certain way for so long, regardless of right or wron that is might not be "right". But, hell, whatever works. Point being, technical sheets serve there purpose to a certain degree. Oh and if you see ol bobby around, tell him to get ahold of Ben. Been too long.

Top Bottom