Autotether

jrg

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Eastern 24
Anyone using the Autotether? If so, whad'ya think? I picked up a unit on sale today at hamilton marine. It's a device that replaces the safety lanyard on outboard powered boats. When fishing solo - or when it's just me and my daughter aboard, I think it'll give me piece of mind. Haven't had a chance to install it yet - but I'll post the review in the next week or so.
If you haven't seen it... Autotether Wireless Lanyard For Fishermen And Recreational Boaters - autotether.com

jrg

bligh

Lieutenant
I had one of the first. I still have it and it still works.

Great people to deal with back then. They were selling factory direct back then. I had the original belt plastic clip break and did not notify factory. I was shutting my engine down because I had it in my pocket and my dockers were wet as usual. What did I know? They sent a new version that I did not have to put in my pocket and it still works great the way it is supposed to. Great company and product if you run the boat alone occasionally like I do.

jrg

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Eastern 24
Thought I'd post a quick review on the Autotether... It works exactly as advertised, the outboard kill switch pops itself off if one one three things happens. 1 - Push the Red Button on any of the fobs. 2 - One of the fobs gets further than 50ft from the base control box. 3 - One of the fobs gets submerged in a large body of water. I have tried dropping the fob in a 5 gallon bucket and the Autotether doesn't react. Submerge it over the side of the boat and bang - outboard dies. I haven't "needed" it yet, but it does give me a bit more confidence when out with my young daughter (4 years). We clip the fob to her lifejacket and I wear one on a belt loop. Overall, I think it was a great investment. You never know - it could save a life.

Nighthawk

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Carolina Classic
I use it exclusively in my 20' Seacraft when fishing alone. Not many things worse than watching your boat motor away from you in the dark..........

Top Bottom