Commander
Lite User
Last edited:

Baggywrinkle

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
RP Boat Shop Willis Beal 31
Panel aesthetics...

Yes, mine is visible. Flex would be thinner. BTW - your boat is gorgeous.

I wouldn't be surprised if the microprocessor supply issues that are vexing the auto industry are also hurting Garmin's products.

1618671709368.png

CaptMD

Commander
Lite User

Baggywrinkle

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Re: Amazon link:

Just enter this as a search string:

Renogy 200 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit with Wanderer : Garden & Outdoor

I have two 4D AGM batteries on board. I forget the brand. 6 or 7 years old.
If I have a few cloudy days I might see 11.5-11.7 volts. If I am not using the boat for longer than a week, I turn the fridge off. The only other draw is the bilge pump.

The fridge is a standard undercounter Norcold unit.

CaptMD

Commander
Lite User

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
Does the line between tank and thruhull w/ clamshell have to be all downsloping or can the Venturi effect overcome some rise to accommodate the height of the seacock?
No it does not, not on a powerboat. I have done many of these for friends and family boats. I use a bronze scoop strainer with the strainer part cut off. You can add a deck pump out fitting if you wish either to another opening in the tank or teed into the hose between the tank and Y valve. Make sure the "Y" valve you buy can have its stop filed off so the handle can turn 360.
In addition, when the valve is in the head to thruhull position and you are cruising along a simple piss is drawn right out w/o touching the head pump. I see, nor have I found. any downside to this system and the day I thru my macerator pump away 20 years ago, was a happy day.
My FL boat is slow like a sailboat and the 40 gallon tank takes it's time draining but it does finally drain. The 2 sailboats I have done I have mounted the tanks above the waterline as much as possible but if it doesn't want to drain on one tack it will on the other.

Last edited:

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

CaptMD

Commander
Lite User

CaptMD

Commander
Lite User

CaptMD

Commander
Lite User

Baggywrinkle

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
How big a deal?
If access to your batteries is easy and if you seldom heavily discharge your batteries, it’s not a big deal. They don’t need water often if you use them lightly. If they need water and you neglect to fill, you are likely to damage a cell and seriously reduce the capacity of your battery...perhaps kill it.
Occasional engine starts and light bilge pump duty is relatively light usage, unless you allow the battery to become severely discharged.

CaptMD

Commander
Lite User

Baggywrinkle

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
I concluded the opposite. I chose AGMs since just one episode of forgetfulness can ruin your day... and perhaps more.

Top Bottom