back to west atlantis

wesmac38

Deckhand
Boat Make
Wesmac
just got back from a overnight to west Atlantis. Started very slow and continued slow. There were a couple of guys picking away at longfins here and there but nothing substantial. We did pick up two nice eyeballs at 5:00 PM west of west atlantis a third hit a spreader but the hook must not have set to well cuz it popped after a while but with only four guys on the boat we were happy to keep the chaos to a minimum

Both ate joe shoots set just behind the bars in 450ft water around 71 degree water

Last edited:

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

wesmac38

Deckhand
Boat Make
Wesmac
i heard some guys caught a few in the morning right around were we hooked up the evening before on the west. But we set up on the eastern wall for the night and went to the deep water in the early morning. How did you guys end up?

Last edited:

wesmac38

Deckhand
Boat Make
Wesmac
Quick Pictures of the boat

Heres a few pictures that i snapped today. My father is the one who built the boat. He got it out of the mold with the motor, shaft, and rudder post set. Other then that it was all him. he has tons of picture of the full build that i plan on posting at some point. I need to scan them all in so we have digital copies and ill show the full project.

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

CCtuna

Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
wow....love the galley up. She sitting a little bow heavy??

wesmac38

Deckhand
Boat Make
Wesmac
Shes about 225 gallon short on fuel in the pics. Im pretty sure that we havent raised the waterline the front. when the boat was still just rough fiberglass in the front i marked the watetline with a sharpie. Since then we added alot making it look real bow heavy. I know its on the to do list this winter along with fresh paint and non-skid on the house section. And maybe a green stick if i can make him believe!

Last edited:

petrel

Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Bad ass rig. I like that there's piece of headliner out and wires showing. About perfect otherwise. What's the power and reduction?

wesmac38

Deckhand
Boat Make
Wesmac
500 yanmar 2:1. Ya we got some water tracking in on the radar wire so we pulled it down until we get around to it

wesmac38

Deckhand
Boat Make
Wesmac
video

Big Eye Tuna - YouTube

The video isn't edited but if you dont want to watch the whole thing the my fish was stuck at 23 min and my buddies was stuck around 37min

Bill_N

Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
Congrats on the BE's! Funny how everyone seems to think you can't catch an 'eye unless you're out in the deep. We got ours in 570' last year..

Gorgeous boat too!

Top Bottom