Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Whatta Catch

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.whattacatch.com
Boat Make
40' H and H, 31 JC and 25' Carolina Skiff
I have one and it is great. It overflows through the hull, and is filled with a Rule 3800 gph pump. This pump must be mounted below the waterline for prime. A Freeman hatch covers the well. If you look at the picture the well extends about 18" all around the opening. Also it is insulated. The only thing I would change and we might in the future is to put a Hinged Hatch. Also it is important that the overflow doesn't get clogged. We use a softball size whiffle ball and cut it in half and siliconed it to the overflow and it never gets clogged and the flow doesn't get restricted.

image.jpg

Last edited:

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
A diaphragm pump would work, possibly better, than a macerator. Less noise and it would let the scales and bits and pieces pass through rather than trying to chew them up.

om nom nom

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I have one and it is great. It overflows through the hull, and is filled with a Rule 3800 gph pump. This pump must be mounted below the waterline for prime. A Freeman hatch covers the well. If you look at the picture the well extends about 18" all around the opening. Also it is insulated. The only thing I would change and we might in the future is to put a Hinged Hatch. Also it is important that the overflow doesn't get clogged. We use a softball size whiffle ball and cut it in half and siliconed it to the overflow and it never gets clogged and the flow doesn't get restricted.

I'm:confused: kind of dumb, help me out here please ?

The blue bucket with the drain holes?

Does the bucket fill with water and it's the live well?

If so, how does it fill with so many holes?

Also, how big is the bucket ?

Or am I missing something?

Appreciated,

Bill D

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Holes don't just let water out, they let water in also. Then when they want a bait they pick up the now emptying bucket, grab a bait and they are off and running.

Whatta Catch

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.whattacatch.com
Boat Make
I'm:confused: kind of dumb, help me out here please ?

The blue bucket with the drain holes?

Does the bucket fill with water and it's the live well?

If so, how does it fill with so many holes?

Also, how big is the bucket ?

Or am I missing something?

Appreciated,

Bill D

Lol. The bucket in the well is used for Peanut Bunker. It's a tote from Home Depot. The reason we used that in the well, was the baits were so small and they would go out the overflow.

First Team you are right. I have a Diaphram pump. What's good about the Diaphram pumps is they are rebuildable.

VPC

Lieutenant Commander
livewell

I'm not a big fan of livewells in a deck true their convinient and also they'll be cooler there but i don't like uneccasary plumbing beneath a deck especially when waters involved

fall_run_003_344164557_stdlive well.jpg

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Not a fan fished on a lot of boats with them its hard to get baits out and not a fan of bending over all day to get baits

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Whatta Catch

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.whattacatch.com
Boat Make
Ronnie

We have a 2" drain going out the side of the hull above the water line. It's probably about 6" from the top of the tank. As far as a drain pump. The Diaphram pump works great and is needed if you put larger baits or fish in there. For example if bluefish are in there they spit up their stomach contents sometimes, so the pump is needed. The drain for the pump is located in a 12" x 6" recessed part of the floor of the well. I will take some pictures for you when I'm at the boat.

Reactions: JKN

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
my 2 cents.

your rasing your deck to get rid of a wet deck. In floor ones will slosh around, deck gets wet might have to get on hands and knees to F with stuff, now your pants are wet. i'm sure it has its convenient points. I would rather have a molded in transom one.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
I've been interested in this since I saw it on the Bounty hunter. Space saver ,yes, but Just seems like more probs . Would like some more pics. My first impressions have been proven wrong many times.

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
Like this

75967d1243354944-28ft-seaworthy-bhm-downeaster-79k-trade-pic-5.jpg

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

offshore31

Captain
nice idea. all the weight is down low, and the coolest spot in the boat. but it's not for me.

the in deck seem to be too much bending over, more things that could go wrong below the water line, and a hatch that's open, usually at an in-opportune time (like fish on). on wicked, bounty was on a dish and the hatch was open, and someone (bill?) was telling donna to get it shut.

i like either the transom ones, or an on deck stand alone. but to each his own.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Mmmmm, wet balsa

Can't tell you how much of that stuff I've eaten over the years crawling up inside boats to dig it out and fix them.

Is it just a trick of the light with the new combing on the interior? Looks like sitka spruce there all shined up with too many layers of varnish :)

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
In the deck is a pain but if you are fishing multiple days and steamimg around with precious live baits that's the best place to keep em alive. They get too banged up above deck. I don't have one but if I build I will.

Top Bottom