Ben and Teds Excellant Adventure

Kaiser

Lieutenant Commander
Day one of a Father and son project. This will be a cold mold one off at 40' OAL and 13'9" beam. Cat power. No frills, Blue water boat. This thread will be mostly pictures only. I want to focus on the work and Memorialize it with Photos only on this thread. Thanks, Ted

Empty shop.jpg

Laying the sheer line.jpg

base frame.jpg

Kaiser

Lieutenant Commander
Having the stations cut on a CNC router at an Amish shop! Fit is perfect. Bow tie has a .005 offset. Taking me much longer to prepair the CAD file than to cut on the router.

Bow tie.jpg

CNC cut stations.jpg

Kaiser

Lieutenant Commander
sorry for the lack of posts.
I have a very hard time getting good pictures of it. they all come out dark. Photos not my thing.

this keel looks like the fin on the back of a whale

we are really having a lot of fun and the boy is learning a some good stuff.... me too!

DSC_0203.jpg

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Okay you're gonna have to work on the lighting situation ASAP in that beautiful barn of yours because I can probably speak for all of us - we want to see many many pictures

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Kaiser

Lieutenant Commander
I will be better at posting, sorry about that

The ply wood is 3/8" SYP AC and is just the plug. Fir would have been better but syp is 1/3 less.

Little extreme but my thoughts are super fair plug = easier to fair hull

Hull will be from outside in
Duratec VE primer
2x1.5 oz CSM
4x1708
3/4 H80 foam
4x1708

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Ok , So I am totally lame at posting but we are back at it. My 13 yr old son is kicking some ass on this now. He planked most of the port side wile I was on the phone. What a difference a year makes.

I have a great idea! Tell your son to take the pictures while you are on the phone! We need more pictures! Looks amazing.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I'd varnish that thing and just leave it as is...........then tell people I have the sexiest garage in the world. That's picture perfect.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Worked every free moment of the first half of my life with my father and wouldnt trade that experience for anything in the world. Treasure that experience and keep posting pics! You are doing a great thing.

Kaiser

Lieutenant Commander
How can you be building a beautiful boat like that and have such a clean uncluttered shop ??

13 yr old boy named Ben with instructions to clean the shop each day or else!

Actually we have put most of our other gear in another shed so we dont have much in our way. Trust me it does not look like this often!

Goodbye

Captain
Kaiser,
With your permission I am going to print that last picture out and hang it on my wall. that's one beautiful photo.

Top Bottom