bent butts/swivel holders - 90 degrees?

greg

Captain
I'm thinking of adding a couple of swivel holders for bent butt rods (swording, not giants).

What do people usually use? 90 degrees? Something else?

rusty12

Lieutenant
ld marine

On his site he lists everyone who carries them...fishermans outfitter...cms tackle etc.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

greg

Captain
My plan was to put two in two for flexibility, and use them for swordfishing. You would typically only use one for that, depending on drift and type. Once in, they become multi-tasking.

I'd like to burn some fuel this year and try a trip for daytime swording.

There is tons of info on technique out on the interwebs now that wasn't there last year or the year before. While there are certainly secrets each crew uses, the basics are laid out for any idiot to follow, and I'm just the idiot to try. ;)

The holders and backing plates are cheap enough anyway. Bent butt outfits with 80's will be a little more dear. Hopefully I can borrow some to see if this works.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60
Last edited:

greg

Captain
I was thinking one in each corner. The way the boat drifts, you couldn't use both that way during a drift though. It would be fine for one or the other or while trolling though.

I was thinking of a rod holder in the deck next to the helm, but that would let a lot of water in. I'd have to cap it and put a drain tube to the bilge. I do have one on the rail,, but I need to tighten it. It won't hold as installed.

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
greg, let me know when you get in the water. I will come over and say hi. I have a few 80's that could be barrowed.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make

greg

Captain
This year, I'll need an icebreaker just to get into the slip. :(

Not that it matters. Water is still in the 30's and there isn't even a hint of a tease from an early season eddy.

Ld Marine Products

Lieutenant
Hi guys where do you live ? If the rod holders aren't in stock there they can order them and I can drop ship them to you. Thanks Luis.

Ld Marine Products

Lieutenant
You can go to Fishermansoutfitter.com they will help you out. They will come with all hardware and backing plate included. 978-281-0858 joe or Johhny tell them I sent you !!! Thanks Luis LD Marine.

Members online

Top Bottom