Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
First Name
Ed
Boat Make
Mussel Ridge 42

rich

Lieutenant
Any floor epoxy that says Part one is just that, it is part one of two. You need and A and B mixed to get a true epoxy. If you read the can on most of the 1 part epoxy it tells you to put a specific primer down first. Then when you put the part 1 on top you have a true epoxy,
Otherwise you just painted the floor.
The rust-o-leum garage floor product is a pretty good product, However you must follow the instructions. The floor must be clean, dry and sound to begin the project.

Hot tires due tend to breakdown floor coating over time. Some products resist hot tire breakdown better than others.

Quik Fix 16

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Shamrock
I just keep rolling out the oil and it looks fine. Hydraulic oil from my forklift, that is.

Last edited:

rich

Lieutenant
Cant use most oils (paint) in the northeast due to VOC restrictions

goin4broke

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
35 Foot Terry Jason (Currently undergoing finishing touches)
I think I used Rustoleum in my basement about 10 years ago was very clean to start and has done well. Except for the area where the original furnace was located but I would of had to grind down the concrete to be rid of the years of oil saturation. Not exactly the use/abuse a garage would see. If I were to do a garage/workshop I might go just with a good quality sealer.

For me, I would fuck up a pristine glossy floor in no time. So, I wouldn't go epoxy unless you need a show room for the restored 68 Camaro.

Top Bottom