Best lobster roll anywhere Hingham Ma

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
I'll do pretty much anything to get back to where a lobster roll sign is to try one.

Bare Cove Cafe on Water Street Hingham Ma. has made my list of, This is as good as it gets. You cannot find a better lobster roll anywhere. It was 12.95 and it was reasonable in size. I wished I was younger when I could have eaten 2 of them.:D

PS. I understand it is a Friday special only thing for the time being.

Last edited:

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
I have a few other favorites even though Bare Cove is good. I like Belle Isle seafood in East Boston, it was on Anthony Bourdain No Reservations Behind the Scenes in Boston : Anthony Bourdain : Travel Channel . A liitle pricy but never had a roll with so much meat.

Second is Red Eats in Wiscassett and overall is pretty good, well known been on Chronicle and other food show

My all time favorite is at the Old Colony Yacht Club where I am a member and it is an $8.00 roll stuffed.

Then again considering you lobster fish you must have made some pretty good ones at home over the years.

Dave

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46, 1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 19
Best one for me was on the side of Rt. 1 in Maine from a trailer just east of Boothbay. The real deal there.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
I haven't been to Reds but did try the one up the street. It was my Maine pike snack one night coming home from Jonesport. I got a Maine crab roll too. :D

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46, 1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 19
I haven't been to Reds but did try the one up the street. It was my Maine pike snack one night coming home from Jonesport. I got a Maine crab roll too. :D
I tried to get one from Reds but everytime I went by the line was too long.(around the corner) So I too tried the one up the street on the deck by the water. That one was good too.

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Oxford Creamery Rt.6 Mattapoisett, MA Best lobster roll for the money.
$10.99 with fries! Ice cream for dessert is a nice way to finish off the meal. :D

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
fresh lobster
fresh roll
fresh mayo

not much else to it !
You got it and I know when I get it:p

I say it doesen't get better than this because I know its equal is out there and I plan on finding every one of them!

Last edited:

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I eat as many as i can whenever i'm back in that part of the world ! Had a good one with a bowl of lobster bisque at a place in downtown Chatham (can't remember the name bar/restaurant combo) but the Craig the sales rep from Riverdale Mills met me there, he lives in Chatham and used to be a bouncer there.
I try and make something close here by using my shrimp :D
Tims huge shrimp.jpg
P6290417.jpg

P6290417.jpg

Tims huge shrimp.jpg

Tumblehome

Lieutenant Commander
Moose River Country Store in Rockwood Me. makes them on sub rolls every Friday through the summer. Wicked good with a cold beer and chips on the boat trolling for salmon .....
Don't want to derail the thread by any means, but wanted to mention that salmon trolling is an activity very near and dear to my heart O'reely. :cool:

Keels Rock

Lieutenant
I eat as many as i can whenever i'm back in that part of the world ! Had a good one with a bowl of lobster bisque at a place in downtown Chatham (can't remember the name bar/restaurant combo) but the Craig the sales rep from Riverdale Mills met me there, he lives in Chatham and used to be a bouncer there.
View attachment 2420
View attachment 2419
Holy effin shrimp! Can you mail some to Maine please I'll trade some deer meat........;)

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
View attachment 2420
View attachment 2419
Why is there no hard shell lobster in Alaskian waters??
The water seems cold enough??

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Why is there no hard shell lobster in Alaskian waters??
The water seems cold enough??
Don't know the answer but we do have lots of tanner & king crab if you live in the right place. This pic is of one of the small size tanner pots i build, this was for a 4 hour set. The pots are 36"x36"x18".
crab2.jpg

this one is sitting on the guys swim step
tanner pot full.jpg

the pots fold flat for easy storage on small boats, i build and sell these pots for the recreational fishery, 2 pot limit per boat.
tanner pot 1.jpg
tanner pot 2.jpg

crab2.jpg

tanner pot full.jpg

tanner pot 1.jpg

tanner pot 2.jpg

Top Bottom