Best tuna bag

Gayle Force

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
25 ft Tiara Pursuit, 27 ft Eastern, 28 ft Carolina Classic, 34 Calvin Beal
I'm looking to purchase a tuna bag and there are so many sizes and brands. I'm wondering what is the right size and style bag for giant bluefin fishing .
What are most of the pros using up here in the northeast ?

mattreed

Lieutenant
The Tightlines Tackle bag works well for me. It is good quality and reasonably priced.

Gayle Force

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
The Tightlines Tackle bag works well for me. It is good quality and reasonably priced.
I noticed that this bag has a zipper, is the zipper on 3 sides and can you open the bag so it lies flat wide open ? Have you had any problems with the zippers ?

Captinlon

Commander
Boat Make
32 H & H
I second the tightline's bag. mine does not have a zipper, it has velco and tie straps. Held up for 3 seasons now.

mattreed

Lieutenant
The Tightlines bag that I bought 20 years ago had a zipper. The new ones have Velcro on 3 sides. It does open completely and lay flat.

Tunatown

Captain
Boat Make
36 H&H CAT 3126B 420hp
I have a cayon 120”x60” with the zippers it will open all the way flat i love having it we use a jin pole so what i love about it is we have it open with one side over the rail and the orher half on the deck we let the fish right down on it as for ice if you have the fish in there for any length of time the ice on top re freezes

Last edited:

Gayle Force

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Thanks for all the information. I think I need to go and see the different bags in person.

Top Bottom