31JC

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Dslpwr

Captain
Boat Make
35' Mitchell Cove, 13’ Whaler
Water level and then hang plumb bob off bow and mark floor where it points, as long as that stay on Mark you boat is level. At least so I’m told

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
We had a contract welder come out to the rig with a spirit level. Everything he was involved with was f'd up and crooked. They use squares and tapes for that reason.

I've never leveled a boat fore and aft while on the hard. I suppose it would make things easier.

Edit: If you do level the boat. I'm guessing you want to level to the water line (as it sits in the water). If you go to your sheer or deck, it won't be right (just thinking out-loud)

Offshore121

Lieutenant
Lite User
First Name
Tyler
Boat Make
31JC

fortier256

Captain
Boat Make
Fortier 26
Set a laser to level and adjust the waterline to match.
Just thinking this through.........If he is building / adding on to the boat, he wants everything square and plumb to match the boat, not necessarily to match how the boat sits in the water as that changes with weight distribution. I would adjust the stands so that any bulkheads that run thwart ship are plumb as the boat sits on the ground. This will indicate it being level fore and aft Most boat haulers will be sure that the boat is level as it sits side to side. A simple level on the deck or transom would indicate level from side to side. Thoughts are welcome correct me if I am wrong.

Top Bottom