Better than fishin in the winter ??

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
HA! Im stuck in castine (pen bay) all winter at the academy...shit gets old...

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
550 for 2.5 hours, is it me or is that a little on the steep side? One of the charter rigs I worked on charged 650 for 6 hours fishing ( tips not included), more power to'em if they stay busy!

You left out the best part........he doesn't even have to pull his own traps on this trip! :D
I think he might be able to run a few of these "family oriented" trips at that price. Great learning experience for kids. But I agree it's a little bit pricey. Good luck to him, great idea.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

WRHardie

Commander
I'm unfortunately living in Ohio right now but bou
No offense but why make it political issue? What do politics have to do with an expensive boat ride? Don't get me wrong I share your view especially living part time in a state where it seems like everyone is welfare, I just don't see where politics fit in here. You could be liberal, conservative, or an anarchist 550 is a lot to drop on a 2 hour cold boat ride and like everyone has said so far if he can get it good for him.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Its the whole country, maine, ohio etc, shit every time i go into los anchorage i wonder does anybody work !! Lets leave the political shit out for the most part we're all like minded on that(some more than others:p). If the guy can get the money for a boat ride thats great, if its to much he'll figure it out quickly i hope.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Ronnie you or I wouldn't spend that kind of money for a boat ride but there are folks who would do it gladly for the one time experience. For example i know of a guy who used to do guided hunts in NW Ak, he has quit hunting and now takes "birders" on guided trips to look at birds that migrate thru that part of the state, no more picky hunters (racks to small, have to walk to far, food sucks etc) he takes the birders out in the worst possible weather blowing rain sideways, wind and they thank him for the wonderful experience and he's making more than he ever did hunting.

i also said he'll know if the rate is to high by how much business he does just like you'd know if your charter rates were to high= no charters/customers.
That's what i'm talking about.

Top Bottom