Bilge Pump Float Switches

Brainey

Captain
First Name
Bill
Boat Make
43' Atkinson
I need to replace a few - what makes/models work the best for you guys? Thanks.

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
The best are are the diaphragm operated ones. They last for decades, no wires in the water, never mess up, foolproof.

Groco still makes one and so does PAR

Lion's Paw

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.divehatteras.com
Boat Make
42 Duffy
The ultra safety switch. Either the junior or senior switch. Senior has high water alarm contact built in. They are pricey, but will work for long time and sure beats replacing replacing countless float switches.

Just spend the money and don't look back.

gregs

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Flowers 38
Had the Ultimate for 12 years and 50,000 + nm never had a problem same with the Sureflow 2000 bilge pump. I had a spare along just in case but took it off when I sold the boat and that spare is going in the new boat.

Leprechaun

Commander
Boat Make
26' Fortier
Great info on the Ultra. The high water closure is a good application. Perfect timing. Was getting ready to dick around and replace the rule flippers again. Even called Rule a couple of years ago for replacements and they crapped out.
Going with the Ultra senior !!! Scoped it out on Hamilton's

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
Any idea on the model number or which family of graco this is? Thanks..............

Yes, model AS-100 and it's Groco not Graco
Or Jabsco Hydro-Air is basiclly the same thing

Last edited:

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
i've never seen one before, i wish i could see one in person

I'm sure you could see one at any good chandlery like Hamilton or maybe Jamestown. As you can see, you can put the switch anywhere even out of the bilge. The Jabsco Hydro-Air switch is basiclly the same thing too.

pugsley

Captain
I'm sure you could see one at any good chandlery like Hamilton or maybe Jamestown. As you can see, you can put the switch anywhere even out of the bilge. The Jabsco Hydro-Air switch is basiclly the same thing too.

yeah, i like it out of the water like that, how do you mount the little upside down cup thingy?

Brainey

Captain
First Name
Bill
Boat Make
43' Atkinson
Pump switch

Thanks guys. Decided to go with the Ultra Jr, test it a bit and decide if I want to buy more of them. Found it at Down Wind Marine for $101 plus shipping.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Ultra safety. I have installed many (over 20) for customers and never replaced one yet. You will buy 5 rules before you replace one of these. You will not be disappointed.

pugsley

Captain
Ultra safety. I have installed many (over 20) for customers and never replaced one yet. You will buy 5 rules before you replace one of these. You will not be disappointed.

i replaced 7 rules in one year, the one that's on there now is a good one, almost 2 years (knocking on wood)

Top Bottom