BillD, Time for a new truck ?

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
The Nissan Cummins engine will be about 300hp and about 550 ft/lbs torque. Dodge is also coming out with a small diesel in their 1500 Rams in 2014. It will be interesting to see how much cheaper the 1/2 tons will be, versus their 3/4 ton and 1 ton counterparts.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH.. Piscataqua and Merrimack Rivers
Boat Make
27 H&H with Cummins QSB 5.9 480 power
The Nissan Cummins engine will be about 300hp and about 550 ft/lbs torque. Dodge is also coming out with a small diesel in their 1500 Rams in 2014. It will be interesting to see how much cheaper the 1/2 tons will be, versus their 3/4 ton and 1 ton counterparts.

I'm thinking the new 1500 Ram diesel will have a Fiat (FPT) engine.

delucat2

Lieutenant
Did you ever ask yourself , Why do most class 7 & 8 trucks use inline 6 cylinder diesels? Nuff Said!!!

The V-8 is only relevant for one reason - packaging. The shorter overall length and height of the v-8 suits the needs of the body design team. Not Everyone likes the tall long nose necessary to hide a I-6.

Plus, the 1/2 ton to 3/4 ton market does not place nearly the premium on torque that the heavier trucks do. They can stand to rev a little higher.

I hope Cummins does not screw this up. International did a decent job with Ford, but it was a long road filled with all kinds of issues. I hope this is a 300-400 mile engine with minimal issues

And as far as a VM diesel - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
good luck

TonyD

Latest Posts

Top Bottom