BillD, Time for a new truck ?

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
The Nissan Cummins engine will be about 300hp and about 550 ft/lbs torque. Dodge is also coming out with a small diesel in their 1500 Rams in 2014. It will be interesting to see how much cheaper the 1/2 tons will be, versus their 3/4 ton and 1 ton counterparts.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
The Nissan Cummins engine will be about 300hp and about 550 ft/lbs torque. Dodge is also coming out with a small diesel in their 1500 Rams in 2014. It will be interesting to see how much cheaper the 1/2 tons will be, versus their 3/4 ton and 1 ton counterparts.

I'm thinking the new 1500 Ram diesel will have a Fiat (FPT) engine.

delucat2

Lieutenant
Did you ever ask yourself , Why do most class 7 & 8 trucks use inline 6 cylinder diesels? Nuff Said!!!

The V-8 is only relevant for one reason - packaging. The shorter overall length and height of the v-8 suits the needs of the body design team. Not Everyone likes the tall long nose necessary to hide a I-6.

Plus, the 1/2 ton to 3/4 ton market does not place nearly the premium on torque that the heavier trucks do. They can stand to rev a little higher.

I hope Cummins does not screw this up. International did a decent job with Ford, but it was a long road filled with all kinds of issues. I hope this is a 300-400 mile engine with minimal issues

And as far as a VM diesel - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
good luck

TonyD

Top Bottom